I wish they would make COBRA II.  

"Hey dirtbag, your a lousey shot, I hate lousey shots"

Ah.......  Movie perfection.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]
COMMANDO II would be way better.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.fordham.edu/communications/walshlab/electronlitS01web/homepagecomplete/McCarShell.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that link breaks some sort of forum conduct rule... it has to.

Tyler
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Cobra was a good movie.........[b]BUT[/b]  I would have to say that the best motion picture ever made was "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

Jamie
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I just want his 50 Mercury.

AWESOME50  on the license, or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Scissors?!??!

Who cuts pizza with scissors?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think that link breaks some sort of forum conduct rule... it has to.

Tyler
View Quote
I think the key word your looking for there is WANG!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#8]
no, y'all are all wrong!!

Breakin' II Electric Boogaloo (sp) was THE movie.

Get it Right!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Shiiiit, Breaking the original was better than Electric boogie.  Expecially when fly boy was dancing with the broomstick on the corner market. heheh  OMG is is FRIDAY YET?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cobra was a good movie.........[b]BUT[/b]  I would have to say that the best motion picture ever made was "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

Jamie
View Quote

I agree... however, I would say that Josey Wales was ONE of the best movies ever made.  Don't forget "Pale Rider", or the 'Man with No Name' series ("A Fistful of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More", and "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"
And 7, you're right... I would definitely take that '50 Merc off his hands.  Loved that car.

Edited to say that I remember it was kind of funny how all those Harleys turned into Japanese dirt bikes when the bikers were raising hell.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#11]
The movie sucked.....but what kind of SMG was he using near the end?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Didn't Cobra keep his clean stuff in an egg container in his fridge? I always wondered why would someone do that. Stallones still a homo though
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Do not question the movie COBRA

The movie COBRA was sound.

The movie COBRA was without fault.

The movie COBRA was the high water mark to which all other movies will be judged in the future.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do not question the movie COBRA

The movie COBRA was sound.

The movie COBRA was without fault.

The movie COBRA was the high water mark to which all other movies will be judged in the future.
View Quote
COBRA= WANG.....WANG= STALLONE
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#15]
The movie sucked.....but what kind of SMG was he using near the end?
View Quote

Don't know for sure, but the SMG looked like much like a Weaver Nighthawk. His Colt was a 9mm or .38 Super.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Now I need to dig into the closet and find my Ray-Bans.

Cobra was awesome, but my vote for greatest movie ever made goes to "The Last Dragon".

"I am Sho-nuff, the Shogun of Harlem!!"
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted: The movie sucked.....but what kind of SMG was he using near the end?
View Quote

For some reason I am thinking it was a Jati.  I am probably wrong, it's been a long time since I've seen that pearl of the filmmaker's craft.

Then again, for a few months there, I wanted to be Cobra when I grew up.  Guy had it all: badass car, ordnance out the ying-yang, cool name, neato cobra tattoo on stomach (or was that Snake Plissken? I misremember), carte blanche to blow away dirtbags, and pussy galore (or was that James Bond? I misremember).
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I't been a while since I've seen the movie but I yhink that the SMG that Cobra used was a (Finnish?) Jati-matic in 9mm. It has the fold down front grip which also operated as the cocking mechanism.

Karl
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cobra was awesome, but my vote for greatest movie ever made goes to "The Last Dragon".

View Quote

Who's the baddest? SHO-NUFF!
Who's the prettiest? SHO-NUFF!
Who's the meanest-mofo-lo-down-around-this-town?

SHO-NUFF!
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Check out that tiny lazer...!

[img]http://www.mx2.org/acatalog/B_DVD_Cobra.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#21]
the SMG that Cobra used was a (Finnish?) Jati-matic in 9mm
View Quote
It wouldn't surprise me if it was a Jati...the Russian Spesnatz officer had one in "Red Dawn", and as we all know, there is a relatively small population of movie-guns out there. The more distinctive ones seem to stick out like a sore thumb (Cobra and RD are movies of the same "vintage".)

[url]http://www.longmountain.com/famous.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#22]
You guys got to be kidding.  I saw Cobra this morning, then I pulled the little silver handle and Cobra disappeared down the drain in a little whirlpool.

Now Josey Wales . . . there's a freakin' MOVIE.  And Terminator, the first one, before he became all warm and sensitive in the second one.  Stallone blows, although I can watch the first two Rambo movies and maintain interest, and I will confess the Rocky where he fought the giant Billy Idol in Russia was OK.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned "Wanted- Dead or Alive" with Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons. Ya gotta love the ending.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the best thing for Rutger Hauer would've been him dying after he made [u]The Hitcher[/u]

[img]http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~phil-w/hitcher43.jpg[/img]

That way, he'd just be remebered for that, and his role in [u]Blade Runner[/b] instead of what he did.

(which was take a giant dump)
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Who's the baddest? SHO-NUFF!
Who's the prettiest? SHO-NUFF!
Who's the meanest-mofo-lo-down-around-this-town?

SHO-NUFF!
View Quote

I remember really liking that movie when it first came out.  I saw it recently though.  OMG.  And the kung-fu master  - "Bruce Leroy".

I still liked it, I just couldn't admit it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned "Wanted- Dead or Alive" with Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons. Ya gotta love the ending.
View Quote

Oh man, I forgot that one.  Yep, it was a good one.  Then that one reminds me of "The Hitcher" with Rutger Hauer.  And Chairborne_Ranger mentioned "Terminator".  I remember when it came out my brother and I going to see it thinking, 'probably another corny Arnold movie'.  Boy were we surprised.  Glued to our seats the entire movie.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Hear this and never forget, the standard for movies that are worth a damn is:

"Saving Private Ryan"

Unless your talking only "B" movies (like you have listed here). then my vote for best is "Dogs of War".
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody who thinks a Sylvester Stallone movie is the "best motion picture ever made" clearly has not been taking their medication.

Stallone made one, I say again, one movie-- Rocky I.  Everything else he made shows a striking similarity to the stuff that comes out of the back ends of horses.

Now that I'm done ranting, the answer to your question is "No". [;)]
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Is Cobra the best movie ever? At the risk of being sued by Hertz " Not exactly ".
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm thinking some of us need a little more medication.  Then again, I also believe some of us should use a little less.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I repeat, the movie COBRA was perfection.  Any negative remarks about said movie can only be erronous. [;)]

Anyone who thinks the movie COBRA was not perfect has just proven their own imperfection.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I was LMAO when I read the title to your thread.  I swear that movie is even worse than Tango and Cash.

As far as Rutger Hauer movies, ya gotta love Surviving the Game.

I am also a closet fan of The Last Dragon as well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Let's not forget "Nighthawks" with Stallone and Rutger Hauer. Seems a little dated now, but I always thought it was a good flick.

I gotta admit when Cobra is on I gotta watch it. I just sit there and yell at my TV about what a dumbass movie it is.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Uhh...Guys...If you want to talk about bad Stallone movies, apparently you've forgotten the WORST WORST WORST one of all.

"Stop or my mom will shoot"

If that's not the worst, then you're all insane.

First Rocky was great, has a nice gritty realism to it.  Other than that, I can't stand any Stallone movie.

Best movie ever made?

Either "The Outlaw Josey Wales"
or
"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

Those two are freaking perfection.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I do enjoy watching COBRA (almost bought it on DVD for $9 so I could laugh at it again and again and again and again...).  It's got all the things that make a movie great (80's cliches, music montages, paper-thin characters with poorly-defined goals, 80's cliches, guns, knives, girls, cars, 80's cliches.....)

As for Tango & Cash, I thought it was funny.  

If you want to talk BAD Sly movies, there's no contest:  JUDGE DREDD.  That's $4.50 and two hours of my life that I can NEVER have back.  Stop of my Mom will Shoot is about as bad.  I can't tell which is worse, because it's been too long since I've seen either, and I'm not about to rent them both again to compare.  I'd rather watch Cobra.  It at least had a FEW redeeming features.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Sylvester Stallone is to acting as Nancy Sinatra is to singing.  I believe the KISS movie (Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, et al) showed more depth of character than all of Stallone's roles put together.  Plus, he's not as tall as they are. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#39]
COBRA was a terrible movie starring a draft dodging, coward, bastard, asshole, gun hating (for us little people at least), Clinton loving puke.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Any movie that has Stallone in it with a speaking role pretty much sucks!!  

The guy made all his money off of guns and violence but now he's Mr. Hollywood Morality guy and thinks our RKBA should be repealed.

Action movie star SYLVESTER STALLONE, who now lives in England, said on a recent segment of the syndicated Access Hollywood television show that the Second Amendment has to be abandoned: "It has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, it’s ending, it’s over, all bets are off. It’s not 200 years ago, we don’t need this anymore, and the rest of the world doesn’t have it. Why should we?"
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#41]
The gun was a Jati (sp?), I think--same one as the Cuban colonel had in "Red Dawn" another board favorite.

Sly's had a huge-ass 1980s red dot laser.

Hey--Wanted Dead or Alive wasn't that awful!  I remember liking that one for some odd reason.  Let's not go comapring any of these to Clint's tours de force.  

Cobra, was..., well, uh... a movie.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys crack me up !!!  I'm not sure if I agree Cobra was the best, but I watch it on cable if it's on.  I'm surprised no one mentioned some of my other favorites like, Kelly’s Hero’s, First Blood “You just can’t turn it off, he-he!!”,  The Longest Day.  Am I totally guessing that many of you who posted here are in their mid 30’s ???  I have begun a DVD collection of all the one's I consider classic.  All of the ones listed in this post are on my list and many of them I already have.  Happy watching.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, that gun WAS a Jati... unusual in that its bolt carrier rides at an angle to the bore centerline.

A friend of mine built a car similar to the Merc in that film... Ronnie's dead now... he used a 51 Merc, chopped it, dropped in a 460 big-block with a C6 and a narrowed 9-inch. Tubbed it out... one long tub, all the way across... fender skirts so you couldn't see the meats underneath except from the rear. Flat-black primer, to look kinda 50's-style, and the words, "Berserk in a Merc" painted on real small behind the front wheels.

It made him sick to see them wreck that 50 in the film, but Ronnie's car was even more awesome.

FITTER out
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I think I'm going to have my annual Sly Stallone film festival tonight.

On the bill:
Cobra
Oscar
Rhinestone
Over The Top
Driven
Stop OR My Mom Will Shoot

He should be given a "Lifetime Achievement" Oscar for those fine exercises of cinematic excellence!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Jamie
View Quote

I second that! I have the special edition with the original movie trailers and interviews with some of the critters starring. Was required viewing about two or three times a year at dad's house.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Who was the technical advisor for COBRA?  Whoever it was they were a GENIUS!!!  The most realistic tactics of any movie I have ever seen concerning firearms!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top