Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2004 8:22:09 PM EST
I was watching the late local news tonight (the first time I have watched the news all weekend) and saw scumbags in Iraq holding Iraqi National Guardsmen hostage. I could have sworn I heard the news anchor say they were demanding " Muslim cleric Al-Sadr" be released or they were going to execute these men.

Did I misunderstand the anchor (perhaps wishful thinking?), did the anchor simply have a brain fart or did we actually capture this piece of shit over the weekend?

Considering that was the first I heard of this and being there are no threads here, I am highly skeptical. But I wanted to ask just to be sure. I am positive the anchor said those exact words, but I think he likely screwed up. Anyone heard anything?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:24:06 PM EST
That oxygen thief should have been killed 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:29:13 PM EST
You heard incorrectly. It's another Shia figurehead that they want released.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:32:45 PM EST
Ah ok. Then it was a brain fart from the anchor. I suppose they had used the words "cleric" and "Al-Sadr" so often together that in his mind they became one.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to know. I knew it sounded too good to be true. I hust wish someone would off that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:19:10 AM EST

I knew it sounded too good to be true. I hust wish someone would off that piece of shit.

+1
Top Top