Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 9:22:09 PM EDT
I was watching the late local news tonight (the first time I have watched the news all weekend) and saw scumbags in Iraq holding Iraqi National Guardsmen hostage. I could have sworn I heard the news anchor say they were demanding " Muslim cleric Al-Sadr" be released or they were going to execute these men.

Did I misunderstand the anchor (perhaps wishful thinking?), did the anchor simply have a brain fart or did we actually capture this piece of shit over the weekend?

Considering that was the first I heard of this and being there are no threads here, I am highly skeptical. But I wanted to ask just to be sure. I am positive the anchor said those exact words, but I think he likely screwed up.  Anyone heard anything?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
That oxygen thief should have been killed 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
You heard incorrectly.  It's another Shia figurehead that they want released.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah ok. Then it was a brain fart from the anchor. I suppose they had used the words "cleric" and "Al-Sadr" so often together that in his mind they became one.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to know. I knew it sounded too good to be true. I hust wish someone would off that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:19:10 AM EDT
[#4]

I knew it sounded too good to be true. I hust wish someone would off that piece of shit.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top