Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2002 7:26:51 PM EDT
I know this is a "No Brainer" but -
I haven't used my Discover card in 3 months, but this month I receive a bill for 300 US.
Two charges - both i-net purchases, girl things from two separate states, and I'm not even married....
I've used this card for i-net purchases in the past so I think/know the number is somehow i-net compromised.  
Obviously the card is now canceled.

Point being - Do Not Think The Internet Security Is Failsafe!!!  Always check your itemized credit card purchases!!

End of public service message...
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discover card sucks.

They are desperate to get accepted by more businesses. They are biased against the consumer when charges are disputed. The result is a disincentive for the consumer to use a credit card at all. Think about it. If you must pay a disputed charge, Discover makes 4% (or so). If you don't have to pay, Discover makes nothing. The money comes from forcing the consumer to pay disputed charges. This policy is based on the belief consumers are suckers, stupid and ultimately helpless.

Discover cards sucks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My bank double posted a debit to my account once.    I pointed it out and they fixed it at once.  Needless to say I also keep a close eye on my account.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting GOAD...tell me, What are your thoughts on the Discover Card?
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Having used Discover for 12 years ( I liked the cash back, and have never carried a balance on any CC ), I must agree with Goad. When it came time to dispute a charge, they were of NO help.[:(]

I no longer use the card, but maintain the account, as the limit is enormous ( for an emergency ), and it costs them money to service.

Discover card sucks! [puke]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I cut up all of mine, about 3 weeks ago!
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I cut up all of mine, about 3 weeks ago!
View Quote

Been there, done that. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I liked Discover when it had a 2% refund, but now they're only paying out 1%.  Which  is why I now use AMEX.  Always pay off the monthly bills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top