Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 7:48:14 PM EDT
last night i brought in a bottle of beer and didnt get to it. i put it behind my flat screen and forgot about it until just now when i saw a golden reflection calling me to help drink it.

now, it is warm...room temperature.

im going to bed soon and if i put it in the fridge, i'll give up on it and wait until tommorow.

"why dont i get a cold one out of the fride?" because this is my last beer.

what do you think about room temp beer?

drink it or not?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If I drink it too fast, I puke.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
ugh--nasty

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Warm beer is worse than hot soda.
I'd rather wait and drink water in the meantime.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes, but warm beer is better than no beer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
its in the fridge.

thanks TRH.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
glad I could help
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Warm beer is good, It just depends on you upbringing
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Warm beer is good with cake or fresh backed cookies.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I prefer my Guinness at just below room temp.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Why do the Brits drink warm beer...?
Because they have LUCAS refridgerators !
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I found that I like room temperature tequiza better than cold.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]
There are two things I hate is a warm beer and drinking beer out of can.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I learned to drink  warm beer long ago on fishing trips. Room temp is like a cold one compared to fishy hot beer in the sun. My pursuit to rid the world of the evil drink known as beer will not be stopped by temperature. I will continue to twist or pop the tops and suck the life out of each and every can or bottle that dares to cross my path. Fear Not and consume that bad boy!!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Guinness is better warm.  Used to have a Thunderbird Sport.  A fun bike, but a horrible seat.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but warm beer is better than no beer.

True on all points!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Why do the Brits drink warm beer...?
Because they have LUCAS refridgerators !

My first thought as soon as I saw the thread title.

Of course, you've heard of the Lucas 3 position light switch...........dim, flicker, and off.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#19]
No beer should be consumed "warm".  Brits drink some ales at less than cold temps, so they can taste their beer.  The colder the beer, the less taste. That's why American style lager(with the exception of Sam Adams) should be consumed at a very cold temp.  If your beer gets really warm, and then cold again to drink after being cold originally, the beer will taste very bad. Throw the beer away, and go get a "good" beer. Don't drink crap.  I don't have time to list the temps that different beer should be served at, but check out beeradvocate.com for actual temps.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Good Beer tastes better at room temperature.

Do you think they served it at 41 degrees from the middle ages until the 40's???

When you make it cold enough, it covers up the crap flavor of cheapie beer.

Guinness at room temp is still drinkable.  I do prefer "chilled", just because I have that choice, though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No beer should be consumed "warm".  Brits drink some ales at less than cold temps, so they can taste their beer.  The colder the beer, the less taste. That's why American style lager(with the exception of Sam Adams) should be consumed at a very cold temp.  If your beer gets really warm, and then cold again to drink after being cold originally, the beer will taste very bad. Throw the beer away, and go get a "good" beer. Don't drink crap.  I don't have time to list the temps that different beer should be served at, but check out beeradvocate.com for actual temps.

Duplicated your post 40 seconds late...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Warm beer is good, It just depends on you upbringing

True.  When I lived in Germany my Czech brother-in-law would take the beer I gave him cold and either set it out to warm up or in the winter set it on the heater!

My German wife drinks her beer room temp.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:20:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The colder the beer, the less taste. That's why American style lager should be consumed at a very

Originally Posted by brasspile
Good Beer tastes better at room temperature.

Right, that's why most American beers have to be served ice-cold, so you numb out your taste  buds and the beer doesn't taste like a fresh urine sample.

Kar"Butt Geyser -- American for beer"98
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top