Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 4:28:12 AM EDT

The Cenotaph was built in memory of the 124 British soldiers born or resident in Singapore who gave their lives in World War I (1914–1918), with a second dedication (but no names) added in remembrance of those who died in World War II (1941–1945).

A war memorial built in memory of men in Singapore who gave their lives in World War I and World War II was defaced on Tuesday.

Said the eye-witness: "On 23 April 2013 at about 2315hrs, my fiancé and I witnessed a man vandalising this monument.

"He was with his headphones, in a dark blue hoodie, dark jeans and shoes along with a brown/black backpack.

When confronted, the eye-witness reported the vandal as saying: "Oh it's (a) revolution".

The Cenotaph had been spray painted with the word "democracy" in red.

I hope they find the asshole who did this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh no.  Spray paint.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:31:54 AM EDT
[#2]
People that do this should be "defaced".
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:39:14 AM EDT
[#3]
taggers should have their trigger finger cut off as a first warning, the spray can shoved up their ass as the 2nd.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Knowing Singapore, it's not going to turn out very well for the vandals if they're caught.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
taggers should have their trigger finger cut off as a first warning, the spray can shoved up their ass as the 2nd.

Strangely I'm good with this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/wNWXDSj.jpg
The Cenotaph was built in memory of the 124 British soldiers born or resident in Singapore who gave their lives in World War I (1914–1918), with a second dedication (but no names) added in remembrance of those who died in World War II (1941–1945).

A war memorial built in memory of men in Singapore who gave their lives in World War I and World War II was defaced on Tuesday.

Said the eye-witness: "On 23 April 2013 at about 2315hrs, my fiancé and I witnessed a man vandalising this monument.

"He was with his headphones, in a dark blue hoodie, dark jeans and shoes along with a brown/black backpack.

When confronted, the eye-witness reported the vandal as saying: "Oh it's (a) revolution".

The Cenotaph had been spray painted with the word "democracy" in red.

I hope they find the asshole who did this.

Paulbots
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh no.  Spray paint.

Not Funny.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh no.  Spray paint.

Stay Classy.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#9]
"Gathered at the Cenotaph, all agreed with hand on heart to sheath the sacrificial knives." - Roger Waters

I never realized what the Cenotaph was.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:03:48 AM EDT
[#10]
The government of Singapore is not kind to people who do this kind of thing.

I hope he gets caught.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh no.  Spray paint.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:21:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Third offense, wrap the can in barbed wire first.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Gathered at the Cenotaph, all agreed with hand on heart to sheath the sacrificial knives." - Roger Waters

A cenotaph (as opposed to THE Cenotaph), is merely an empty tomb or a memorial to a person whose remains are not interred on site.  They are frequently used for those whose remains are not recoverable.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:33:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A cenotaph (as opposed to THE Cenotaph), is merely an empty tomb or a memorial to a person whose remains are not interred on site.  They are frequently used for those whose remains are not recoverable.

Oh. (again: )
I thought this was a monument name.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#15]
The Vietnam Memorial was defaced on or about 14 September, 2007, by someone squirting or spraying an oily substance on the wall and the flat area below... several panels on the East wing, and a few on the left.  On panel 16 East, about knee-high, vertical scratch marks contact several names.

On Panel 41 West, a grease spot about the size of a fist was left close to line 23.

Maintenance personnel worked for many hours in an attempt to remove the oily stains. They were not completely successful.

The cowardly bastards who did this deserve no less than ......fill in the blank.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:39:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The government of Singapore is not kind to people who do this kind of thing.

I hope he gets caught.

I do as well

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I say they just surrender now, y'know.. spray paint and all....It's just not worth the bloodshed a revolution brings...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top