Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2001 1:28:19 PM EDT
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20010716/aponline231245_000.htm[/url]
The killing will continue until there is EQUITY.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, until the courts become unbiased in their decisions in divorce issue's, this stuff will continue to occur.

It would be interesting to look at the rulings of the court's, when these tragedy's occur. To see how biased their rulings were. I would be willing to bet, that in most of these tragedies, one side was highly favored by the judge.

The attorney's file BS affidavit's that ask for things well outside what the court will normally allow. This leads to the divorcing parties into fighting. It is in the attorney's best interest to cause fight's, as they earn more in fee's.

The Judges are gutless wonder's! They will do nothing about the attorney's, as this would harm the income making ability of their chosen profession. [-!-]

[b]THE FIRST THING WE DO IS KILL ALL THE LAWYER'S[/b] - William Shakespeare

No offense to the [u]few decent[/u] Lawyers that are out there
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
first, i gotta agree there is a lot of bias in the courts.

second, it does need to be fixed.

but unless the link is to a different article i don't see what that has to do with a man killing his estranged wife and son.

there's no mention of a court decision in the first place.

and in the second, even if there was one and it said that he got screwed with visitation, alimony, whatever, it is [b]NEVER[/b] an excuse for what he did.

i'm not sure what equity between the sexes has to do with this incident.

are you sure it's the same article?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
OH......THE PRESSURE......THE PRESSURE......[sex]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
but unless the link is to a different article i don't see what that has to do with a man killing his estranged wife and son.

there's no mention of a court decision in the first place.

and in the second, even if there was one and it said that he got screwed with visitation, alimony, whatever, it is [b]NEVER[/b] an excuse for what he did.

View Quote

No flame intended ARlady:

But I said, "would be interesting to look at, the court decision's, after these tragedies", never said there was anything mentioned.

[u][b]I never condoned what he did! [/u][/b]

But, if they want these tragedies to lessen, they better start taking a [b]Hard Look[/b] at, what are the causes that may have led up to the tragedy!

I attended a "Divorce Support Group" after my seperation and later the divorce. The big complaint I heard from women, is the lack of decent guy's available! But, yet when a new woman started attending the group, you would always hear the women talking about which Judge to get in front of, [b]"to screw him over the most"[/b] I from this experience, will be faithful in a relationship, but will never commit again!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
no offense taken.  and  yes it would be interesting...interesting and sad.

i don't care how bad the guy got screwed, he doesn't have a lick of an excuse for killing a woman and her child.

and by saying, "well, look.  the poor guys are getting in the back with the longest, sharpest knife all the time.  while the women are walking away with gold and diamonds.  what did you expect?" is only excusing the behavior.

if they want these tragedies to lessen they'd better take a hard look at the causes?  meaning the bias in the courtroom?  you've got to be kidding me.  the ONLY blame for this tragedy or any similar one lies in the man or woman who committed it.  if they (we) want these tragedies to lessen, let's focus on the real problem and not the symptom.

the real causes are not the bias in the courtroom or even the back-stabbing, "let's screw him as much as we can" yucky women out there.  those are just symptoms of the real causes.  and convenient excuses at the time.  the real causes are a decay  of our societal responsibilities.

if we all had been taught and in turn teach our children to love, honor, value, and respect humans and life, this wouldn't be happening.  if we as a society had a more positive view of the union between man and woman, these things wouldn't be happening.  if we demanded personal responsibillity from every single person in this country instead of making excuses for actions, then when two people got divorced, it would be less likely that this would happen.  yes, it's ugly and hurtful.  but responsible adults, even if they themselves are too emotionally involved to work it through, will find a way to get it done quickly, rationally, and without violence.

that's what we all need to be taking a long, hard look at.  who cares what the statistics say about bias and the tragedies that occur afterward.  fix the problems i mentioned above, and you'll be well on your way to fixing the tragedies AND the bias.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Once again I'll re-iterate, I did not condone his actions! Nor am I saying, in anyway it's an excuse!

But. something is sure causing these tragedies! I agree with the statement,about love, honor and respecting human life, needing more emphasis.

It's never looked into, just another, someone snapped and now all that's left to do is get out the towel's and start cleaning up.

Turning a blind eye to this, is like putting a band-aid on skin cancer and hoping, it will take care of it's self, and not worrying about treating the cancer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top