Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2012 9:46:27 PM EDT
As it seems multiple people are throwing around the idea of playing War Z, I'd like to throw together an information thread regarding things we need to know.

If you have things to add, post them.

I'd like to discuss what people think on various topics within War Z.

To start with, here is a quote from Sergey from the forums that really is turning me off.

Main difference between two modes comes at how death of the character is handled. In both modes when you die, you lose your backpack. But in case of Hardcore mode your death will be also permanent for your character - ie character with all of his stats, etc will be deleted. You'll have to create new character and start from the beginning - spawning at initial zones, with all skills/trainings gone, etc.

Normal characters on other hand will be just put into "lockdown" for certain period of time - we're testing how long it'll be, for now that time is set to 24 hours of real world time. Once "revived" your character will be able to continue to play from approximately same location where he died, all hist skills/stats will remain same.

Bold part of particular interest.

Now, as I understand it, we will be able to have multiple characters, how many is unknown.  So I die, I can't use my character again for 24 hours from that point in time.  It's a pretty big deal, but hey, I'll go use this other character.  

Where it gets tricky is how many characters can we create?

The problem I see is that death will cause MANY people to stop playing the game.  Why?  Simple.  As we don't know how many characters to can create, we know for a fact that it isn't infinite, you can only have so many at any given time.  When you switch characters after your death, a bug or random glitch kills it.  You switch to another, some douche bag kills you at spawn.  You switch to another, something happens and you're dead.  

Then all of your characters are dead and on a 24 hour "lock down."  Now you effectively cannot play War Z for 24 hours from the time the first character died.

How is this a business model?  This sounds insanely stupid to me.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#1]
You should start a pit thread about it .

How does this compare to Day Z is what I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
its a bit shinier graphics wise, the inventory looks like its easy to work.  the other thread had a few videos in it, but i did not see any yet with high population of zeds or players,

you can get weapons upgrades like cod, maybe not colors, but lights, laser , sights etc.

you get different hats, not sure about clothes
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Is War Z the stand alone version of DayZ or is this something completely different?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is War Z the stand alone version of DayZ or is this something completely different?

completely different game.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
here is the official site

warz
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's a different game, but it has gotten a lot of heat. Lots of fans are calling it a cheap copy of DayZ and that they are just riding on the hype of DayZ to make a quick buck.

I saw two videos for War Z, and while the graphics and environment were detailed better and looked better, the gameplay looked real cheap, granted it's not even in beta yet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#7]
If I recall correctly, only a few months after DayZ became popular WarZ guys showcased gameplay that looks as polished as it is now. Basically they had been working on the game for quite a while, just never thought it would be a huge success until they saw how popular DayZ had become.

So I don't really think they ripped DayZ off, just DayZ made them realize it was worth pursuing further.

For $20/30, I'll probably be picking it up... might wait until a few days after the Alpha is launched to make sure it is worth it though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll wait for the DayZ standalone version. Hopefully that comes around in the next couple of months.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
When registrations are open to register your cd keys and gain access to the alpha/beta on the 15th, the first 100 people to use this code get the game free.

MZLU-Z9EP-PEXX-6ZDK

It's also on their facebook page if you want to look there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top