Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2001 3:49:46 PM EDT
War Games on tonite at 7 EST on WTBS.  Looks awesome !!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool stuff, so far.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Dee-amit   missed the first twenty min. Got the better half recording now. can't wait to get off this part time job.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That's cool... I just saw the model B52 in the sandbox... makes me SOO happy I didn't break it when I backed into it in the studio staging area... [;)]

I'm still waiting to see if they actually used ANY of the props I supplied them... ??
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to say it, but so far it looks like feel-good fluff. [:(]
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]
"deadly snipers run & gun" while showing an OpFor running while holding up a SAW (?) in continuous rock & roll...

I'm officially disgusted to have had any realtionship with this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Pathetic!  That's all I can say.  The whole thing is made out to be like some kind of football game, with scores and cool graphics showing the status.  More propaganda and sly recruiting.  "The jets shoot laser beams at each other so it's like an aerial version of laser tag."

"The aircraft carrier is like the quarterback and the helicopters have to save it from getting blitzed."

The message is clear:  The military is cool and no one really ever gets hurt or killed in faraway lands where they don't belong in the first place.

Sickening.  They try to make soldiers out to be heroes, but instead they end up looking like pro-wrestling or "American Gladiators."

Plus, the camera work and editing was horrible. How many times can they replay the same exact footage?  I've seen student projects with better production values.

Hollywood is imploding.  Our culture is rotten from within.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure... the "Host" is a football dude... but why all the football analogies?

Maybe they're trying to put a happy face on Military type activities in the little head of Mr. Joe Sixpack? Why would they want to aim this at Mr. Joe Sixpack anyway ??? He doesn't care about this type of thing...
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
"deadly snipers run & gun" while showing an OpFor running while holding up a SAW (?) in continuous rock & roll...

I'm officially disgusted to have had any realtionship with this.

View Quote

LMAO! I noticed the same thing and said "WTF?!?!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Lets see.... Mr. J Sixpack now thinks good thoughts about soldiers running around shooting people and breaking things (in HIS neighborhood??) ... He now thinks that a "sniper" is some yahoo running around spraying in full auto...

"Tanks rush through town, crushing the enemies resistance"... by crushing their rusted out getaway cars at 4 miles per hour??

"But his courage is no match for a 50 caliber machinegun"... when they're flipping back and forth between an M16 and an M60?

I can't quite come up with what part of this I dislike the most... [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top