Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 1:47:39 PM EDT
Hello everyone. I am looking at purchasing the item below, and would like to know where I can find one. If anyone of the Industry Partners can point me in the right direction then that would be great! Thanks everyone! I am not used to shooting with the AR-15 pistol grip so I would like to try something different, something similar to a regular stock.

www.fabten.com/default.htm

www.fabten.com/ATF%20Grip_cutout-RGB_Web%20(1).jpg

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:53:57 PM EDT
That's not right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:58:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Death_006:
I am not used to shooting with the AR-15 pistol grip so I would like to try something different, something similar to a regular stock.

Then you are not really looking for an AR15. Try a different rifle, like a 10-22. Not to flame you, but what you are asking for is like a Porsche 911 with bench seats. by altering it in such a fashion, it is no longer an AR15.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:59:02 PM EDT
Why use one of those? I don't get it. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:00:04 PM EDT
The horror
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:00:21 PM EDT
If you buy that, I think you'll be the first guy in the country to actually purchase that abortion.

You don't live in Columbus, home of a recently enacted AWB, do you?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:00:30 PM EDT
When you decide to sell your AR parts, I call dibs on the good stuff..

<mutter> not used to it.... </mutter>
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:00:57 PM EDT
I think they call that blasphemy around here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 2:02:43 PM EDT by EPOCH96]
Then you want a Mini 14

EPOCH

ETA: have you tried shooting the AR more than once? It's a pretty simple platform to pick up...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:03:00 PM EDT

That is like the "Red Asphalt" of why everyone should fight the AWB in their state.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:05:18 PM EDT
thats sick ,you would think you lived in cal -la- fornia or somthing
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:07:52 PM EDT
I'd keep the pistol grip and forget about the non-essential stuff, such as bayonet lugs and the flash hider. Or look for a thumbhole stock at least it will comfortable, as this one doesn't look ergonomic at all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:23:20 PM EDT
That grip just blew my suck meter off the charts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:25:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 2:34:32 PM EDT by rickinvegas]

Originally Posted By rcoers:

What you're missing was the end of the AWB (1 year ago this week).

The AWB classified a "protruding pistol grip" as one of two allowed evil features. Removing the grip freed up room for another feature. I agree with you though................Why?!? Perhaps this would still fly in the few states/cities that still abide by the old fed AWB language but the ATF doesn't have to "approve" anything anymore.

The real question that I have been curious about for some time is California. Since thier ban is predicated on semi-automatic rifles with BOTH a detachable magazine AND a protruding pistol grip, would this fly? Take away the pistol grip on rifles like the M-14 or Mini-14 etc. and these are legal in that state. (Makes sense, huh? )

Has anyone ever gotten a firm answer from our "friends" at the Cali AG office? I am constantly being invited to shoots there and I'm getting tired shooting my bolt guns. If it was only for a weekend, I guess I wouldn't feel too stupid using one of these on an AR.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:32:39 PM EDT
Blasphemy....someone set him straight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:33:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rickinvegas:

What you're missing was the end of the AWB (1 year ago this week).

The AWB classified a "protruding pistol grip" as one of two allowed evil features. Removing the grip freed up room for another feature. I agree with you though................Why?!? Perhaps this would still fly in the few states/cities that still abide by the old fed AWB language but the ATF doesn't have to "approve" anything anymore.

The real question that I have been curious about for some time is California. Since thier ban is predicated on semi-automatic rifles with BOTH a detachable magazine AND a protruding pistol grip, would this fly? Take away the pistol grip on rifles like the M-14 or Mini-14 etc. and these are legal in that state. (Makes sense, huh? )

Has anyone ever gotten a firm answer from our "friends" at the Cali AG office? I am constantly being invited to shoots there and I'm getting tired shooting my bolt guns. If it was only for a weekend, I guess I wouldn't fee too stupid using one of these on an AR.

I dont know, but at gunshows here I have seen people offerening cetmes and HK91s with those grips thingies...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:37:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rickinvegas:

What your missing was the end of the AWB (1 year ago this week).

Has anyone ever gotten a firm answer from our "friends" at the Cali AG office? I am constantly being invited to shoots there and I getting tired shooting my bolt guns. If it was only for a weekend, I guess I wouldn't fee too stupid using one of these on an AR.

AR-15 "series" weapons are banned there, even through the series portion was struck down by a circuit court. The provision is still on the books, and the AG still enforces it. A California resident cannot import a real AR receiver and not expect to get nailed for it. I wish somebody was brave enough to do it and fight it in court. I sure wasn't when I lived there.

Unless Death_006 lives in Columbus or something, he's fine here in Ohio. He stated that he just wasn't used to shooting a rifle with a pistol grip. Since this thing really IS a pistol grip of sorts (albeit a poor one), I think he'd be better served purchasing a conventional rifle. Mini14, Mini30, Garand, M1A, etc.

BTW Death_006 - if you DO live in Columbus and want an AR-type rifle that will be legal under the law, I have a FAB-10 for sale. Really.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:43:45 PM EDT
HTF do you hold it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:44:43 PM EDT
I have to come clean, this isn't for me... If some of you have noticed, my membership here goes pretty far back and I have numerous topics started. I am quite used to the AR pistol grip, I currently use a houge rubber grip, the one with finger swells for each finger. I was inquiring about this as a curiosity, partly because many of the fellows I shoot with belong to the "papas .30-06" crowd. I don't live in Columbus, or any other AWB area. (Although I was recently informed of Ohio's no more than 32 rounds regulation.) I figured the response would be pretty lack luster if a just asked about it, so I said that I needed one. On a more serious note, are there really any fellows outside CA. or other ban areas that use these?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:46:05 PM EDT
I just put a gun in my mouth and dry-fired it after seeing that abomination.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:46:53 PM EDT

I have to come clean, this isn't for me... If some of you have noticed, my membership here goes pretty far back and I have numerous topics started. I am quite used to the AR pistol grip, I currently use a houge rubber grip, the one with finger swells for each finger. I was inquiring about this as a curiosity, partly because many of the fellows I shoot with belong to the "papas .30-06" crowd. I don't live in Columbus, or any other AWB area. (Although I was recently informed of Ohio's no more than 32 rounds regulation.) I figured the response would be pretty lack luster if a just asked about it, so I said that I needed one. On a more serious note, are there really any fellows outside CA. or other ban areas that use these?

Suuuuuuuuuureeeee......
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:52:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By roboman:
I just put a gun in my mouth and dry-fired it after seeing that abomination.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:55:12 PM EDT

No one in CA actually uses it that I have seen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:56:28 PM EDT
Hello and welcome to (California) (SB23) LAST WEEK!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:07:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EPOCH96:
Then you want a Mini 14

EPOCH

ETA: have you tried shooting the AR more than once? It's a pretty simple platform to pick up...

Mini might be your cup of tea. Nice weapon, but it falls short of an AR. I sold mine to feed my AR addiction a while back. I only got $350 for it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:10:55 PM EDT
I think if you IM Pattymcn you might get the help you seek. I believe she was at one time or still is affiliated with this
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:32:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:
AR-15 "series" weapons are banned there, even through the series portion was struck down by a circuit court

I think what you are referring to is the Kasler v. Lockyear clarification of the Roberti Roos ban of 1989. This did generate a specific list of banned AR's by name but it did not "ban" all AR types. The law in question is SB23 which regulates generic characteristics.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:36:55 PM EDT
Top Top