Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:57:20 AM EDT
I am looking for a shooter game preferably war based that I can network here in the office for use during lunch breaks and slow weekend etc.

Preferably I would like to ability to have all the guys here in the office be on the same team and play against the computer. I forget, does Medal of Honor let you do that?

Anyway...help...ideas?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:07:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 1:40:29 PM EDT by Fenian]
the original Unreal Tournament does a lot of things right...not the least of which is allow multiple players on one CD.

You can specify the teams you want to be on, set the computer levels any way you want, then wail away.

That's pretty much the only way we play...co op against the computer.

There are some pretty silly options to play with...0 gravity, and the dreaded insta gib/fatboy mode. 0 gravity is self explanatory; insta gib/fatboy mode gives you the gun that shoots the blue plazma, makes it one hit/one kill, and you get fatter as you gain more kills. The sight of all those pillsbury doughboy looking models running around is pretty funny...but beware Loque...this bot is ungodly in insta gib mode.

Capture the flag works well too...especially the Facing Worlds map, where you can snipe from the tall towers...LOTS of M M M MMMMM MONSTER KILLS on that map.

Assault is another great "us vs. the computer" type game mode. D/l the assault map pack, and you're off and running.

We finally gave up on UT's later iterations, as UT 4 required a different disc/serial # for EACH computer. Fuck that lol...not when they spoiled me with the original UT. But the original still kicks ass.

Counter strike is fun too, but I've probably logged more hours on UT than anything else.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:43:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Fenian:
the original Unreal Tournament does a lot of things right...not the least of which is allow multiple players on one CD.

You can specify the teams you want to be on, set the computer levels any way you want, then wail away.

That's pretty much the only way we play...co op against the computer.

There are some pretty silly options to play with...0 gravity, and the dreaded insta gib/fatboy mode. 0 gravity is self explanatory; insta gib/fatboy mode gives you the gun that shoots the blue plazma, makes it one hit/one kill, and you get fatter as you gain more kills. The sight of all those pillsbury doughboy looking models running around is pretty funny...but beware Loque...this bot is ungodly in insta gib mode.

Capture the flag works well too...especially the Facing Worlds map, where you can snipe from the tall towers...LOTS of M M M MMMMM MONSTER KILLS on that map.

Assault is another great "us vs. the computer" type game mode. D/l the assault map pack, and you're off and running.

We finally gave up on UT's later iterations, as UT 4 required a different disc/serial # for EACH computer. Fuck that lol...not when they spoiled me with the original UT. But the original still kicks ass.

Counter strike is fun too, but I've probably logged more hours on UT than anything else.

What this guy said.

Quake 3 arena is also an option. Both games should run on any machine made in the last 6 years with ease.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:27:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/1/2005 8:29:17 AM EDT by Fenian]

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

Quake 3 arena is also an option. Both games should run on any machine made in the last 6 years with ease.

Yep, Quake 3 is good too, and once again, allows multiplayer with only one install disk.

There are some cool mods to d/l for it as well.

both of these games have some psuedo Counterstrike type mods. For UT, there's Infiltration and Strike Force; at least 2 for Q3 that I can't remember now...give me some time, I'm sure I can poke around and see what I have on various hard disks around here.

If you have the original Half Life, that's another one...Counter Strike, and of course Day of Defeat.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:58:14 AM EDT
Loque was actually broken so he wouldn't miss.

UT is awesome. If you use bots you have to turn the AI way up though, otherwise they are way too dumb. If you turn the AI up enough, they become damn near impossible to beat.

Battlefield 1942 is another option. I'm pretty sure you can create bots in multiplayer games, but they're nowhere near as smart as the UT bots. The UT bots can learn. You kill them at this spot, they go to a different spot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:08:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 7:09:51 PM EDT by r4nger]
First off how good are the comps at your office? That will narrow things down quickly.

Most of these ideas if not all of have been mentioned I think...didn't read everyone elses responces.

If the comps are good go with a game like UT.

If the comps are so so try battlefield 1942, Steam based games such as Counter-strike, DoD. Although with cs and dod you don't have built in bots but you can download bots from the internet with all different skill levels.

Condition zero(CS re-skinned) has built in bots so thats another option. I don't remember if they have the game Red fraction 2 on pc but I always enjoyed that game on xbox(pretty sweet multiplayer).

Top Top