Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 1:50:30 PM EDT
I know there has to be some electronics guru's on here. My old 20" is not cutting it anymore. I would like a 27" because thats all I really have room for and don't want to spend more than $300. It has to have stereo outputs and I'm thinking component video would be nice for my DVD player. I think a flatscreen would be nice too (not flatpanel just the flat glass). I've been looking on BestBuy's and Sear's sites and $300 seems to get you something nice but are there any brands that are usually better then others? Hopefully this weekend I will be able to goto the stores and check them out in person.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
This place has great deals.

I know its a little more than you were looking to spend...  but for $600 you could have a 30" widescreen HDTV.  Just something to think about.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had a 27" Sharp for almost five years without a single problem...not the best, but given the amount of television I watch, just fine for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a 27" Panasonic "surround sound". Great picture. Front and rear plug in thingies. Real happy with it. A little less than 300 out the door.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
27" Panasonic at Wally World for $297

27" Sanyo at WW for $248.

Both are good televisions, although the Sanyo's speakers aren't all that great.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen 27" JVC flat screens for as low as $289 (Camp Elmore MCX) down here.  $329 at Best Buy.  I have had two JVC's - a conventional screen multi-system (for Euro TV/power) and now a 27" flat screen.  Great picture - better than Sony IMO and a cheaper price.  Nary a problem with either one.  I sold the multi to someone else moving to Italy a couple years back - he says it's still working fine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
You should be able to get a 27" Sharp for way less than $300 and it's a decent TV.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top