Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2001 11:55:38 PM EDT
pistol particularly the Green 40 S&W.

How accurate are they and how's the quality?

How does it shoot?

There is mostly no hicap mags for them but how much are the 10 rounders?

They are going for $699 here in Ca. thanks for SB15. Know a better source for one?

Thanks in advance.

A. Reyes
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The Walther P99 is about as good as it gets in a light, composite frame pistol. Adjustable sights, adjustable grip. Tac rail. It's a Walther.

12 rd mags for the .40 run $80+. Factory 10 round mags go for $30-$40. The green frame is kind of cool looking. Some places charge more for green. They were selling in the $550 range when I bought mine. There was a recent price increase from Walther so you might want to grab one quick.

Two places to look. I bought a couple from JCA.

[url]http://www.jcarmory.com/main.html[/url]

Earl's is a distributor.

[url]http://www.carlwalther.com/[/url]

Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I own a P99 in 9mm. TEnfer finishing is tough and durable, the finishing of the gun is excellent. I Bought it with 4x16 rounds mags. It is accurate, both in DA and SA, due to the trigger mechanism: I had better DA trigger only with S&W 686 or Ruger GP100 revolvers...
Ergonomics is fantastic, with three different size backstrap... RU asking more?
Only one thing in reloading: Walther P99 has a relatively tight chamber, so I had to crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp each lead/alloy bullet cartridge... after this "trick" no more misfeeding...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top