Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 3:22:34 AM EDT
According to HomePower magazine BP, Citco, Conoco, Sinclair, Sunoco, and Hess do NOT get their crude from the mid east.

Shell, Chevron, Texaco, Exxon/Mobil, Marathon/Speedway, and Amoco do.

Make an informed choice.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
So?

Oil is used for more than gasoline.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:37:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I know that, but why send more money over there than we have to?

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I tought that Amoco and BP were the same company?  How can they get their gas from different places?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I turned away from BP when they adopted that fruity, PC, pastel colored sphincter as their logo.

Something going on there I don't want any part of.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:52:50 AM EDT
[#5]
my local sunoco stations, all 8 or so of em are owned by a large arab family, they also own the company that delivers the fuel to them, go figure
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
According to HomePower magazine BP, Citco, Conoco, Sinclair, Sunoco, and Hess do NOT get their crude from the mid east.

Make an informed choice.

S.O.

Arent there really only 3 main oil importers in America?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#7]
fwiw, BP = Brittish Petroleom
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Where does Kroger's and Sam's gas come from?   That's where I get mine.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:16:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Wtf am I thinking, why not buy Middle east oil. We all have huge investments in it, and so much blood has been lost over it. So lets all say fuck it, sucks you died sucks we spent 200+ billion on a fucking shitty country. But we don't want your oil.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:16:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Could someone from the Petroleum Distribution Industry please enlighten this thread, specifically address how fuel makes it from refineries to consumers.

SorryOciffer, AFAIK its a Net/Net system - doesn't matter where you buy it.

edit: Snopes calls BS on this too

www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nogas.htm
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Hess is one of my holdings.  They get most of their oil from the Gulf of Mexicp and Venezuela.

They refine their own oil also.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Long story short - this is all about oil money.  If we quit buying oil from the Middle East, they won't have insane money to do insane things with.  Then they can live happily ever after practicing whatever religion they want.  

Is there really a way to find out if some companies are selling gas from the Mid east and some are not?  I suspect that they all share the same crude depending on availability at the time.  If someone on this forum could really find out, the little guy at the pump could really make a difference - because here in America it's all about money also.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Thought I had seen this on Snopes before
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:19:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Make an informed choice.

S.O.

Cool - I know someone who works for one of these, and I try to buy it whenever possible.

I'm guessing it's N.Atlantic/American/S.American sources for these?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Make an informed choice.

S.O.

Nonsense, I worked for Moibl (before Exxon Mobil) for 8 years. All oil companies routinely trade oil every day.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:29:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:32:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Oil is bought and sold on the spot market every day...you can't really say this company or that company doesn't buy crude from the Middle East, unless they own their own drilling and refining facilities...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Amareda Hess gets a good portion of its oil from Venezula. I've actually toured the plant, have some pictures of when they put in the new cat cracker. The crane they used... OMG... HUUUGE. I mean fucking MASSIVE in ways you wouldnt believe. You need a permit from the FAA to even assemble the crane its so big!!

However, we WANT to use mid east oil. The sooner we pump them dry, the sooner they are no longer a key player in the world market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top