Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2018 9:28:07 AM EDT
I would like to mount an inexpensive red dot to my Hot Shoe mount for use at the air show with my Tamron 150-600 lens.
I have seen a few pics of cameras with these mounted and just wondering where I can find these mounts? I looked at Amazon and they have the mounts for gopro's but not sure how I can mount a red dot.

I want to use the red dot to be able to get into the general area without having to zoom out with the lens.

I hope this makes sense or am I just over thinking it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Olympus makes this..

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Know anybody with a 3D printer?  Here is a file for what you want.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1747563
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
PGD Tracker Kit

A few friends have used it for birding and swear by it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PGD Tracker Kit

A few friends have used it for birding and swear by it.
View Quote
Wow, $175 for a $50 Sightmark red dot and a hot shoe mount. Think I will pass on that one.
Thanks though
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The biggest improvement to me when shooting with a big zoom is learning to work with both eyes open. It also becomes a function of habit - and makes photography more like shooting. If you want to get good pictures in tricky situations, you need to be in tricky situations a lot.

-shooter
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Came to post this. Wish someone would come up with something similar for firearms use (don't say ncstar....)
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I am starting to think that a machine shop creating a hot-shoe to Picatinny rail, or MRDS mount would be worthwhile...

-shooter
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am starting to think that a machine shop creating a hot-shoe to Picatinny rail, or MRDS mount would be worthwhile...

-shooter
View Quote
Like the one linked up thread available at Amazon?
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Like the one linked up thread available at Amazon?
View Quote
Preferably one that locks in place.

-shooter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top