Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 2:06:08 PM EDT
... Help me figure how to get a [b]MS PowerPoint[/b] (*.ppt file) presentation on here without the hassle of extracting each .jpg format.

... The wildest stuff you've seen yet out of Afghanistan!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry Dude, seen it!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
dude, that isnt taliban. that was on here a long time ago. way before war on hte taliban. it is cool though. when it was shown bofore, we were told they were russian.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
dude, that isnt taliban. that was on here a long time ago. way before war on hte taliban. it is cool though. when it was shown bofore, we were told they were russian.
View Quote

... Maybe but this was the text that was included in the e-mail I received today.

"[i]  Subject: Attack on a Taliban BMP
This was sent from a pilot aboard the USS John C. Stennis.  He was the strike element lead on this attack, and received these pictures as a "thank you" from the U S Army controllers on the ground. It is an excellent example of a joint, combined arms operation. A Taliban/ al-Qaida armored vehicle (ex-Russian BMP) with troops embarked and riding on top is targeted by forward air controllers (FAC's) of the US Army, 4th Special Operations Group.  A flight of two Navy F-14 Tomcats are called in by the Army FAC's and strike the vehicle nearly simultaneously with GBU-16 laser guided bombs.  As a bonus, there is a nice secondary explosion in the middle of the road, towards the end of the set.
ACTUAL FILE FOOTAGE: US ARMY DECEMBER 10, 2001.  07:30[/i]"
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope... that's old Chechen War footage from the mid 1990's. I remember seeing it the first time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
... Maybe but this was the text that was included in the e-mail I received today.

"[i]  Subject: Attack on a Taliban BMP
This was sent from a pilot aboard the USS John C. Stennis.  He was the strike element lead on this attack, and received these pictures as a "thank you" from the U S Army controllers on the ground. It is an excellent example of a joint, combined arms operation. A Taliban/ al-Qaida armored vehicle (ex-Russian BMP) with troops embarked and riding on top is targeted by forward air controllers (FAC's) of the US Army, 4th Special Operations Group.  A flight of two Navy F-14 Tomcats are called in by the Army FAC's and strike the vehicle nearly simultaneously with GBU-16 laser guided bombs.  As a bonus, there is a nice secondary explosion in the middle of the road, towards the end of the set.
ACTUAL FILE FOOTAGE: US ARMY DECEMBER 10, 2001.  07:30[/i]"
View Quote

Some people will believe anything you tell or show them!

If these are the pictures I'm thinking of, this incident was also faked by the Chechens! All I can see is a red "X" from Winston's post.

Remember?  When the Chechen Mujahadeen muslims were considered great "freedom fighters"!  Oops!  The shitbirds have come home to roost!

Sucks, don't it?

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All I can see is a red "X" from Winston's post.

DaMan
View Quote

LOL. I hope you're joking
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
All I can see is a red "X" from Winston's post.

DaMan
View Quote

LOL. I hope you're joking
View Quote

That's all I get, also. No joke.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: I hope you're joking
View Quote

No joking about the "red X" or the facts surrounding the faked photograph!

Haven't even seen the photo, but the Taliban didn't have many operating BMPs.... so I'd assume it was Soviet ..... or faked.

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Take your PowerPoint file and "save as" a jpg file.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#11]
... You knuckleheads! The "[size=3][red]X[/red][/size=3]" is my tag/sig line! [;)]

... As for the dispute regarding the legitimacy of the photos I just don't know, but here is the first of eight or so pix. Let me know if this is the series you guys are talking about.
[img]http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL16/408600/423895/6212007.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Winston, I can see it now!

These are the same series of faked "Chechen Freedom Fighter" photos posted a while back!

THEY ARE BOGUS!

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Winston, I can see it now!

These are the same series of faked "Chechen Freedom Fighter" photos posted a while back!

THEY ARE BOGUS!

DaMan
View Quote

... Thanks, whomever did it made it look damn real.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Winston, with all the new digital altering stuff out there, it's hard to determine what is real and what is not!

DaMan  
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Posted by DaMan:,
but the Taliban didn't have many operating BMPs
View Quote
Well, even if they once did, they sure as hell don't now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top