Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 6:02:06 AM EDT
USA Today article (not online yet) in the paper this morning reporting that Walmart has suspended all gun sales in the area afflicted by the hurricane, and neighboring areas.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It is not uncommon to restrict the sales of guns, booze and mob tools during an emergency.  I was in riots in Florida many years ago.  They required everyone to stop selling until the crisis had past.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
That is why you get them BEFORE you need them!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, wouldn't want to sell them to someone who may use it to protect their property, better to let the looters have them, so they can shoot at rescuers....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah they did that last year down here in FL. Good thing i had my Bushy and a couple hundred rounds of ammo
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Walmart doesn't sell AR15's anyhow
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:10:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably because their already gone. They had a rollback looters sale.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, wouldn't want to sell them to someone who may use it to protect their property, better to let the looters have them, so they can shoot at rescuers....

dumbass property owner should have had the gun before hand
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dumbass property owner should have had the gun before hand

I concur...but hey, if this is what it takes to convert some former anti-gun people to people who have seen the light, I wouldn't begrudge them buying a shotgun....The more in the fold, the better!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Werd! And load up on ammo, too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Werd! And load up on ammo, too.

Done . . . months if not years ago.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hard to do a nics check without a phone.  Besides, do we really want alot of impulse buyers who have now knowledge of how to use the thing running around armed?

We wouldnt want anyone exercising their constitutional rights during a disaster.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Probably because their already gone. They had a rollback looters sale.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Walmart will stop selling guns period before long.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Walmart will stop selling guns period before long.

I wouldn't be surprised.

When I was a kid, not that long ago, Sears, JC Penny, Roses, etc., all used to sell guns. I noticed my local K Mart has stopped as well. It was not that long ago that Target used to sell guns and ammo as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hard to do a nics check without a phone.  Besides, do we really want alot of impulse buyers who have now knowledge of how to use the thing running around armed?

We wouldnt want anyone exercising their constitutional rights during a disaster.

If one did not have the forethought to be prepared before the disaster, most of us won't have time to get them up to speed in the immediate aftermath.  Again, do you really want people who have little more than a vague notion of which end the projectile exits to be running around armed?  I don't.  After 9/11 I taught a number of former democrats to shoot.  Then we went and bought them a gun.

That's fine, it's your right to feel that way. Just as it's their right to buy a gun whether you like it or not.
Besides that, some of those people may be gun owners who have lost all their guns and your thinking would deny them protection because someone "might" be an idiot with a gun.

Hmmmm. Where have I heard that before?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#19]
In some cities in and around Los Angeles and Los Angeles itself, they passed ordinanaces that stop selling ammo 3 days before 4th July and Jan 1. And during the '92 Los Angeles, and illegal as heck, people that bought guns during the rioting couldn't pickup their guns even though they met the 21-day waiting period. And the NRA and all of the 2nd Amend groups let the state of Calif get away with it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I would guess in many of those stores are still without power and phones so they cannot do NICs checks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top