Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/19/2003 2:57:11 PM EDT
I work late. with the holiday season around, i end up working double shifts to make up for the little shits that decide they dont feel like working.

i get off work at 1100 in the eveneing last night and i planned to buy some ammo, get some sleep and go shooting in the morning as i would have the range to myself before noon on friday.

i go to walmart and walk to the ammo counter. i am met with a bum with homemade kiss and metalica tattoos. he doesnt know any better so he calls a kid with a key. it takes the kid 20 minutes to get there to tell me that they dont sell after 1000pm. when i hear this i have a lot of questions.

1.. i told the guy what i wanted and he called up telling them what i wanted...the person on the phone didnt make this clear to the guy at the counter when he told the guy on the phone what i wanted?

2... is there some kind of danger in selling ammo at a certian time of day? people that work late arent allowed to purchase ammo because the sun has gone down for a few hours?

i find this funny because down the street i can buy booze until 2am until they close down and start back up at 7am to start the new shift.

just a little steamed that some policies are kinda fruity.

as a side note. i asked him if the sales of shotgun ammo were a no no after 1000pm. he said no because they werent in the case.

its not something to get mad over. just walmart being an inconviance
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:02:29 PM EDT
In a lot of places this is a local law. Yup, stupid as all hell but I'm sure someone "discovered" some study that show that ammo purchased between 10pm and 8am is 200 times more likely to be used in a gang bang or domestic shooting. After all, it's just "common sense". I mean, who NEEDS to buy ammo at 11pm? Must be some nefarious reason for not coming in the store in broad daylight and buying such an evil product. [rolleyes] The world is populated by sheep looking for .gov to protectet them... and people like us pay the price for that everyday.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:08:23 PM EDT
Here is what I heard. Since the NICS check system goes down at 9:00 Wal-mart in its infinite wisdom has set up its cash registers to shut down on ALL gun related sales between 9PM and 7 AM. There was a brother a couple of months ago who was turned down on PATCHES! at 9:05!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:22:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:57:17 PM EDT
I love buying ammo from obviously Anti-gun cashiers. They get all nervous, looking fervently up at you, trying to get you out of the store as fast as they can, they make no conversation, and answer your questions with one word. God I love it!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:09:45 PM EDT
When I get snotty clerks, I use my CCW as my ID for my credit card. Passive-aggressive I know, but oh well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:16:03 PM EDT
Well I was there one night after work 1AMish, they had marked all the shotgun rounds for hunting season to clearance at $1 a box for basicly everything. I grabbed a cart and got basicly everything, it was out on the shelf. Didnt have any problems at front register, may have been it was setup as clearance items.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:48:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2003 10:49:43 PM EDT by Triumph955i]
i got a steal on thier clearance also. it seems after deer season, they think all those slugs go bad. i cleared off the shelf and have enough to where i dont need to buy anymore for the next 5 years. about the looks the cashiers give you.... i can buy a magazine with a gun on the cover and they give you the cold shoulder or label you as a threat\red neck. got this treatment at every bookstore also. i've always wondered what kind of reaction i would get if i came to the counter with a gun magazine and a hardcore gay sex magazine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:05:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2003 12:06:48 AM EDT by Kooter]
Here is what I heard. Since the NICS check system goes down at 9:00 Wal-mart in its infinite wisdom has set up its cash registers to shut down on ALL gun related sales between 9PM and 7 AM. There was a brother a couple of months ago who was turned down on PATCHES! at 9:05!
View Quote
NICS doesn't stop until 1am eastern time. which would be 10pm west coast time. i don't know where you heard the registers not allowing sales of ammo but it is wrong. there may be a local ordinance or law that doesn't allow the sale of ammo after a certain time, might even be a store managers idea, but it is not wal-mart policy. there is no policy saying that ammo can't be sold after a certain time. the early morning hours before opening day of the "major" hunting seasons usually has hella ammo being sold. more than likely it was a stupid associate that didn't know what he was talking about. i'd call a manager and ask the manager.....and tell them about the shitty customer service you received. usually what happens is the register money is collected about 10:00 in the 24 hour stores. when the money is collected the keys are usually turned in at the same time. the lazy associate didn't want to walk up front and check out the keys to unlock the case. i thought the guy buying the patches story was at Kmart. i have turned down sales on ammo to people late at night ONLY because they appeared to be intoxicated, but i have done that during the daytime also.
Top Top