Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2001 3:34:28 AM EDT
APinnews.Dallas.12.29.01.

China's first move, immediately after President Bush signed the executive order admitting China as permanent trade partner today, was to make an offer to acquire Walmart at an undisclosed price. A spokesman for the SEC, who spoke on conditions of anomynity, said, "this is a viable opportunity for Corportate International to consolidate operations."

Bob Bixby, a public relations spokesperson for Walmart said, "They're making an offer that we can't refuse. This is a very advantageous move for the American public as well, [b]since 87% of our products are already from China[/b] the public will enjoy greater savings with the elimination of middleman markups. It will be the first direct to the public world market, and we are very excited.

There was some speculation that the name Walmart that has enjoyed so much success and loyalty from the American public will be renamed, Chimart.

In market news today, Walmart is the only major chain that had a successful Christmas season with a 10% improvement in sales over the previous quarter.

------------------

[url]assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/218673.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Its no secret how I feel about Walmart but I can't believe this is true.
Walmart Sucks!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Anybody who'd believe anything from assaultweb.net... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad to say, almost everything is made in China these days.  Just look at your Christmas gifts.  Funny how on most stuff the cost of manufacturing goes down, but the retail price doesn't.  Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I am so far unable to verify the legitimacy of this story, so take it for what it's worth. :)
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sad to say, almost everything is made in China these days.  Just look at your Christmas gifts.  Funny how on most stuff the cost of manufacturing goes down, but the retail price doesn't.  Hmmmm.
View Quote

I didn't get anything that was made in China this year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am so far unable to verify the legitimacy of this story, so take it for what it's worth. :)
View Quote

You actually think this nonsense could be true? If WalMart had even hinted of selling out to anyone it would be on every news channel in the world.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Besides I thought Clinton had granted china permanent favored trading nation status last year or something like that ??? or is that some other status He granted China ?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Christmas gift was made in Romania(with some US parts for legal reasons[;)]) and the accessories came from Hungry and Russia. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
We could sell them Kmart.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Americans made the best rubber dog-shit in world until Clinton exported all of the high paying dog-shit painting jobs to China.
Just one more reason why Bill Clinton should be rotting in jail instead of being married to Hillery Clinton-Rodham.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:59:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You actually think this nonsense could be true? If WalMart had even hinted of selling out to anyone it would be on every news channel in the world.
View Quote

I just posted what I saw. Like I said, take it for what it's worth (and where it came from).

However, one has to admit if WallyWorld did sell to the Chinese, their products wouldn't be much different than they are today, would they? Virtually everything they sell is Chinese.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:05:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Besides I thought Clinton had granted china permanent favored trading nation status last year or something like that ??? or is that some other status He granted China ?
View Quote

The status Klinton granted to china was"Come into our nuclear labs & steal all our warhead secrets, BTW, thanx for the campaign contributions." status.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:22:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
www.urbanmyth.com=www.ar15.com

[rolleyes]

Where are you going to find idiots in the US to paint rubber dog shit? American workers are still the most productive in the world and produce products that make profit. IF there was profit in painting rubber dog shit we'd be doing it here.

View Quote

I agree with you to a point.  The only problem is though that these countries are becoming more and more industrialized and are continually taking more of our money making products.  Not to mention the fact that U.S. companies are figuring out they can send manufacturing plants to these countries to manufacture their products cheaper to raise their profits(of course as the point was made the cost to consumer doesn't go down [pissed]).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top