Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 9:54:05 PM EDT
The Buck Rogers thread got me to thinking.

Post your best WALLPAPER-QUALITY pics of your favorite Sci-Fi movies and TV shows.

I'll go first:

I've got PLENTY more where this came from!

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow....Space 1999!! Forgot about that show.

It was the most action-less sci-fi, ever. The wife was hot tho.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a few more...

Firefox:

Star Wars:

Spec-Ops Y-Wing!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Any SAAB ones?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any SAAB ones?

Uh..... The car?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks...

I was always a Y fighter fan.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks...

I was always a Y fighter fan.

I've got several more.....

What, am I the only guy with any of these?

Lemme guess. Everyone else's are non C-of-C friendly.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, Zaphod...

The Ark from "The Starlost".

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any SAAB ones?

Uh..... The car?

Space: Above and Beyond.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey, Zaphod...

The Ark from "The Starlost".

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/ark02a.jpg

Holy cow! You can find ANYTHING on the web!

Not bad! 31 years and I still remembered enough that was accurate!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any SAAB ones?

Uh..... The car?

Ah!

Nope. Sorry, don't have any of those......

Star Wars
Star Trek
Battlestar Galactica
Space 1999

TONS of those....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any SAAB ones?

Uh..... The car?

I completely forgot about that one. I think I liked that one. Can't remember for sure.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#13]
What was the purpouse of the X wing having moveable wing really? Dont see any need for it in space. Just keep'm in the x shape. The only reaso I can think of is to more easily facilitate landing.

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Space 1999 Eagle, I still have that model from when I was a kid. I don't know why I never blew it up. I still have a unbuilt one still in it's shrink wrapped wrapper. The eagle on the original eagle has gotten brittle so it's in pieces. I need to rebuild it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Barbara Bain hot?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What was the purpouse of the X wing having moveable wing really? Dont see any need for it in space. Just keep'm in the x shape. The only reaso I can think of is to more easily facilitate landing.

S.O.

According to the novel, it was "to allow for greater maneuverability and firepower".

Damn. I can't believe I remember that. Last time I READ star wars was in 1982 or so.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Barbara Bain hot?

Oh, yes....... But in Mission: Impossible.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any SAAB ones?

Uh..... The car?

I completely forgot about that one. I think I liked that one. Can't remember for sure.

S.O.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I always thought Space A and B was a Aliens Space Marines rip-off, I need to catch the re-runs!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#20]
SAAB had one of the best cast chemistries that I've ever seen.

From the beginning these people had such diverse backgrounds and stories and then had to learn to live together and become a team willing to die to protect each other.  For such characters to gel on screen so quickly was amazing to watch.

Once again this was a Fox abortion in the same way "Firefly" was.  They kept moving the show from day to day and from time slot to time slot.  I rembember one episode that started TWENTY MINUTES into it because of a football game that ran long .

The studio never understood it and got rid of it exactly the way they did "Firefly".

I was lucky last year as someone put it up on BitTorrent.  Took over a week but I managed to snag the whole thing.

At least they knew the end was coming and were able to write a conclusion of storts, just one that no one wanted to see.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

At least they knew the end was coming and were able to write a conclusion of storts, just one that no one wanted to see.

I take it we lost?

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
SAAB had one of the best cast chemistries that I've ever seen.

From the beginning these people had such diverse backgrounds and stories and then had to learn to live together and become a team willing to die to protect each other.  For such characters to gel on screen so quickly was amazing to watch.

Once again this was a Fox abortion in the same way "Firefly" was.  They kept moving the show from day to day and from time slot to time slot.  I rembember one episode that started TWENTY MINUTES into it because of a football game that ran long .

The studio never understood it and got rid of it exactly the way they did "Firefly".

I was lucky last year as someone put it up on BitTorrent.  Took over a week but I managed to snag the whole thing.

Hey Airwolf,

Are they still re-running S:AAB on Sci-fi?  Now that I've got a DVR I could start recording episodes
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#23]
From firefly and the upcoming Serenity...

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone have a good picture of the crawler from the movie "Soldier"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top