Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2001 12:21:05 AM EDT
Well I had an odd experience and just thought I would share it. I was out watching the dog tonight (we live in the woods). I could hear a strange noise off about 20-30 ft. away I think all though I couldn't see a thing? Well my dog doesn't seem to even have a clue and runs off in the opposite way (or he knew exactly and left my ass). Well it started to sound at least to me as a low gutteral growl. In retrospect I am sharing my feelings now. My hair on the back of my neck rose up and I got that weird tingling feeling down my spine. Then I knew well I'm in deep doo. This is where it got weird, at least for myself. But I hunched forward and brought my body down low as if I was taking a defensive stance like an animal. I couldn't see anything and was scared big time, yet I didn't move back, I found myself moving forward. Then something out of sight moved off quickly into the woods. I never saw what it was I just heard it moving. Well after it was over I headed back to the house to find my dog. Lots of help there? But I just thought to myself and wondered what had gotten into me. It was as if I acted instinctually to a threat. Covering my front (vulnerable side) and brought my body lower to the ground and stood or well moved forward. Very odd experience to say the least. Anybody else ever have a similar experience. In retrospect though I think I will be walking the dog with the glock from now on!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
It could have been a chupacabra. In this case, a cell phone with art bell on autodial would work best.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
...In retrospect though I think I will be walking the dog with the glock from now on!!
View Quote

I always carry my 45 when walking my dogs... not so much to defend myself from 2 legged animals but to protect myself and my dogs from other loose dogs.  Few years ago I almost had to shoot a big loose dog that came for me and my dogs.  If he took 2 or 3 more steps I was going to shoot him in the head.  Fortunately for me and the dog he stopped and just growled for few seconds before running off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
maybe it was the chupacabra????????????
I just acted weird and that more than anything freaked me out. Hell a few years ago I probably would have ran like hell:)
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:39:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Definatly a big foot or yeti,they are known to be in your area. check at
[url]http://www.artbell.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of dog do you have?

Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Definatly a big foot or yeti,they are known to be in your area. check at
View Quote

I see Bigfoot has eXpanded his range.

Funny site.
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Aliens....they are invisible to us but dogs can see them...my Shepard sees them  all the time
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't mess with these things

[img]http://www.artbell.com/images/chupatree.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2001 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#9]
How disappointing....Based on your topic description, I thought you were going to talk about Yo-Yo tricks!

LOL

Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It could have been a chupacabra. In this case, a cell phone with art bell on autodial would work best.
View Quote

LMAO! [:D]

Link Posted: 9/2/2001 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Ask Art Bell, he's the chupacabra expert.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top