Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 4:16:41 PM EDT
New years resolution started today.   I'm 5'9''  200  and going to get down to my college eat anything and never gain a pound weight of 165.   Did 3 miles of walking(1 hour) on the treadmill tonight for the first time in probably 3 months.   I hate that feeling of when you get off your legs want to keep going like your head's been chopped off.  A half hour later they're still wired.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:22:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By michaelj1978:
New years resolution started today.   I'm 5'9''  200  and going to get down to my college eat anything and never gain a pound weight of 165.   Did 3 miles of walking(1 hour) on the treadmill tonight for the first time in probably 3 months.   I hate that feeling of when you get off your legs want to keep going like your head's been chopped off.  A half hour later they're still wired.

Like that feeling after you wear ski boots all day.  I don't know you or anything about you, but I like to go at an incline so it kinda makes it as harda as walking/running in real life. Just a tip, I'm sure you already know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:24:32 PM EDT
I have been driving by the same gym for five years and for the last five years it's the same thing. For the first three weeks of the new year the parking lot is full. By spring it's nearly empty except for the dedicated muscle folks.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:14:54 PM EDT
I've found walking fast uphill on the treadmill better for my cardiovascular health and general endurance than running on it.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:18:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
I have been driving by the same gym for five years and for the last five years it's the same thing. For the first three weeks of the new year the parking lot is full. By spring it's nearly empty except for the dedicated muscle folks.

Good luck.

The ones around here are usually back to normal by Feb at the latest.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:30:06 PM EDT
There is a tunnel under the plant that I work at.  It's about 1/2 mile long with several off shoots that go from 200 feet to 1/8th mile.  I can walk the whole thing, offshoots and all in 18 minutes of very fast walking.  I've been doing this since the fourth of October and don't intend to quit.  It's not a newsyear resolution, it's doctors orders for me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:40:11 PM EDT
Dude,

Stick with the walking.  Try to up it to 4 mph minimum.  

But i hate to break it to you.  If you are over 40, the ONLY way you will ever weigh near 165 is if you reduce calories forever.

I know it sucks.  Same problem I have.  I walk 4 miles 4 times a week.  I lift weights 3 times a week.  I cut out all soda, almost all sugar, cut way down on jun k food.

Still, I will never weight what I did then.  Fact of life.

But don't give up and don't look for short term gain.  Just keeep doing it and keep improving the things you do for your health.  Eventually the weight will disappear.

Top Top