Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 4:16:43 PM EST
So we go to Wal-Mart the other day to get the girl her new glasses and did some other shopping while we are there.

When I get home and look at the boy's Elmo plastic plate that we bought, I wondered if it had lead paint. I started taking the UPC sticker off the back and saw "Made in USA". That's weird, I thought. Especially for some cheap plastic thing like that. Then I am taking the sticker off a Wal-Mart brand Rubbermaid-type container. Made in USA too. Then we got some plastic cereal containers of some other brand. Wouldn't ya know it...Made in USA. And I thought you couldn't get cheap plastic stuff that wasn't made in China, much less at Wal-Mart. I was surprised.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:51:17 PM EST
Most of the stuff I buy at Wally's is made in America. Even the edibles I make sure was made here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:54:54 PM EST
It is marked made in America, does not mean it was. Thanks to NAFTA. The company that distrubutes it should be American though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:59:01 PM EST
A surprising amount of stuff you buy is Made in the USA simply because it isn't worth the cost (or time) of transporting them halfway across the world.
Top Top