Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2002 12:42:42 PM EDT
"Wal-Mart has decided NOT TO sell any firearms to those that have been declined at the point of purchase, by the FBI, ignoring the 3 day "must give" gun law in place now. I know this so called "instant check" is bogus, because I hold a concealed carry permit, and I was mistakenly denied a gun purchase by the un-informed gun shop owner who did not need to run a check on me anyway." Here's the national Wal-Mart story:

View Quote

[url]http://guned.com/pages/walmart.html[/url]

piss on the commies

edited to remove un-needed slur
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I personaly can't imagine buying a gun from them anyway.
Its too easy in Texas to get a gun at a good price from another store or private sale.
Not to mention gun shows.
But its the other states that may have to deal with it more.
View Quote

I've never bought a gun from them either, but ammo, yes.

I wish the gun shows around here (WI) were decent. For the most part they suck big time. Same crowd, high prices, and unwilling to negotiate.

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd link a text or post, but it's copyrighted.  I'll honor the owner.....

Edit:
I bought a 10-22 Ruger and a 1300 Defender back in the late 90's.  It was the only 'decent priced' dealer (was in college at the time) in the area.....

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd link a text or post, but it's copyrighted.  I'll honor the owner.....

View Quote

?

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personaly can't imagine buying a gun from them anyway.
Its too easy in Texas to get a gun at a good price from another store or private sale.
Not to mention gun shows.
But its the other states that may have to deal with it more.
View Quote

I've never bought a gun from them either, but ammo, yes.

I wish the gun shows around here (WI) were decent. For the most part they suck big time. Same crowd, high prices, and unwilling to negotiate.

View Quote

Private sales have worked out great for me lately. You may have to wait a while until
what you want come around but Im happy so far
with this strategy.
View Quote

That's what i've been doing too. Watching the local papers and gunsamerica for sellers within a short drive. I picked up my last two this way. Most of the stuff I see is "sportsmans" guns though, nothing [red]evil[/red].
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
What makes this so heinous is that NICS doesn't check conviction records. It only checks arrest records!
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]
No more Wal-Mart for this guy

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I stopped shopping at Wal-mart this past Christmas...The story goes, I went in to buy a simple model 60 marlin for my son. They had the gun in stock at a good price. I told the clerk that I wanted to purchase the gun. We filled out the paper work and he called into the State for verification (IL here). He said everything was a go and I could pick up the gun that weekend...To make a long story short, 2 weeks! I waited for the OK from the state. I called Springfield, IL to see what the hold up was, and was told that I past the screening 2 weeks before and that Wal-mart has THERE OWN POLICY! on firearms. I picked up the gun just 2 days before Christmas and will never buy ammo or guns there again....Trucker
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Walmart is getting too big and too self-important. I haven't shopped there in years and don't allow my wife to either. They come into a city, and kill any competition, take mom and pop shops out of business selling you the "made in china" crap that 99% of you happily buy. Wake the fuck up people. Stop giving Walmart your money, close them down, they are not good for your city or our country.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#12]
WALLY WORLD SUCKS!.....last time I bought 2 500rnd bricks of .22lr they brought the supervisor to the counter....recorded the bar code #'s and asked why ANYONE NEEDED 1000rnds?[rolleyes]as if I was starting WWIII.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Walmart is getting too big and too self-important. I haven't shopped there in years and don't allow my wife to either. They come into a city, and kill any competition, take mom and pop shops out of business selling you the "made in china" crap that 99% of you happily buy. Wake the fuck up people. Stop giving Walmart your money, close them down, they are not good for your city or our country.
View Quote

Wal-mart is probably one of the only retailers in the US that actively markets products that are made in the US.  I can buy made in China crap everywhere, as almost everything is either assembled or has some part that was manufactured in China.

I won't argue with their prices driving other stores out of business, but they price their items less than competitors and don't jack them back up when the competitors are gone.  They deal in such volume that most small stores and even regional retail chains can't compete.  It's capitalism at it's simplest.

Still, pissing off gun owners isn't the brightest idea.  It certainly didn't help K-Mart.

If you want to really be pissed off about something, "fair and balanced" Fox News ran the story that they were finally instituting the federal check system" and nothing more for the better part of yesterday as the headline for the article.  A little misleading for those who only skim the headlines or read the scroller at the bottom of Fox News for their news content.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I specifically asked the gun counter folks at the Walmart in Winder, GA about this on Friday.  They had not heard of it.  She showed me their book.  I said it has been announced.  She said that they had not been so informed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top