Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:21:02 AM EDT
While raiding the Winchester whitebox supply at the local ChinaMart, I noticed that the rifle racks were empty.  When asked, the checkout girl (surprisingly knowledgable in firearms/ammunition for a WallyWorld employee) reported that their FFL had been cancelled by corporate, as is being done at 1000 of their stores!

The racks were emptied, the contents shipped back.  Not even an attempt to reduce price/run a sale.  WTF??
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Great first post,
It has been discussed here that I think they are pulling out of some of the blue states to quit their complaining.

ETA: Ban guns do it for the childern
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Guns are the devil.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I seem to remember a similiar post a few weeks ago.  Is it the same 1000 or is this another 1000?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Which state? California only?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Well their guns are too damn high in the Alaska Walmart's anyway, they want like 600 for a glock.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry if it's been discussed, I did search all boards for the past 30 days.  And I haven't noticed such a thread, though I admit there have been a few days I've not been online recently.

This store is in North Olmstead, Ohio, near Cleveland.

(Oh, please ingnore the post count, new troll account)  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No. My town's Wal-Mart pulled their guns just last week. At least they still sell ammo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well their guns are too damn high in the Alaska Walmart's anyway, they want like 600 for a glock.hr

WalMart sells handguns in AK?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I picked up some ammo at a Wally World two nights ago here in Tennessee, and they still have long arms (they have never sold handguns at this particular one).  One customer was doing the paperwork on a rifle purchase while I was getting my ammo.

About 10 years ago, I lived in a differet city in this state, and the super WM there sold handguns, but that is the only WM I've been in that did so.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I noticed there were no guns in a Wal-Mart in Melbourne, FL when I was there a few days ago.  Thought it was a local thing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well their guns are too damn high in the Alaska Walmart's anyway, they want like 600 for a glock.

My wallyworld still has their puny selection of firearms.

btw are you saying that your walmart sells handguns? who-duh thunk it (real ? not sarcasm)
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There's a walmart that sells handguns?? WTF?!!! Handguns are evil, almost as evil as black rifles!!

Duck hunters don't want or need handguns or evil black rifles.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I think it was a good first post.

I don't pay any attention to WallyWorld threads under normal conditions.

BUT, I was in my local WalMart the day before yesterday and I noticed that all the guns were gone.  I wondered what was up with that.  It doesn't matter to me.  I don't buy guns or ammo at WalMart.
But now I know what happened.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Amount of people who will honestly stop shopping at Wal-Mart because of this: 0
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Now if they would just close down the rest of the departments in those stores. That would be news. Great news actually.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The Kaliban suspended Wal-Marts firearms sales several years ago, after a series of DROS mistakes. Wal-Mart decided at that time to end firearms sales in all of Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Most Wal-Marts sell handguns but you have to order them from their catalog, they dont carry them in stock.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Now if they would just close down the rest of the departments in those stores. That would be news. Great news actually.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#19]
WM use to carry AR's and handguns actually on the rack.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#20]
In New Jersey they don't sell anything to do with guns.  They sell some hunting supplies but no ammo or guns.  The only guns they sell are paintball guns.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#21]
This is a HUGE victory for the anti's, you tards just don't see it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm hauling freight for Wal-Mart for the rest of the week.  Store deliveries and such...

They have instituted a new anti-idling policy company wide.

What that means, is I can't run my truck when it's 25 degrees out to stay warm when I sleep.

I guess they got in a tangle with the EPA and figured if little Billy Gates can't beat the feds, nobody can.  

I have no idea about the firearms issue yet...

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#23]
There are several walmarts within driving distance from my house. The walmart in the "bad" part of town does not stock guns, but carries ammo. The others that I've been to still have rifles on the racks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WalMart sells handguns in AK?

So as Fred Meyers atleast when i was up there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Last week the Rochester stores had empty racks in their long gun cabinates. No more sales in Minnesota Walmarts.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm hauling freight for Wal-Mart for the rest of the week.  Store deliveries and such...

What that means, is I can't run my truck when it's 25 degrees out to stay warm when I sleep.

This is a true story: My dad and I parked the Mack he was driving (pulling a dump trailer) at a convenience store a while back. We went in while it was sitting there idling and got some soda and on our way out, a guy was smoking a cigarette outside and he complained about the diesel smoke.

I kid you not.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a true story: My dad and I parked the Mack he was driving (pulling a dump trailer) at a convenience store a while back. We went in while it was sitting there idling and got some soda and on our way out, a guy was smoking a cigarette outside and he complained about the diesel smoke.

I kid you not.

this does not surprise me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Gosh....

I hope they get rid of all plastic buckets too....lots of toddlers fall in those and drown each year.
And antifreeze....how many dogs & cats die each year from this, call PETA.
Actually the whole automotive section.....it promotes drunk driving.
Need to recall all cosmetics.....allergic reactions and global warming problems with the fingernail polish remover.
Electrical appliances....you gotta be kiddin', too dangerous to have a KitchenAid mixer near the tub.
Clothing Dept....nope, gotta go.....flammable.
Lawn & Garden....EPA would have seizures if they knew the Sevin dust wasn't behind the counter.

Welcome to the New Walmart:
With Low, Low Discounts on condoms, aquarium supplies and Cheetoes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#29]
And they'll be flying the Republic of China flag from now on.

Terrific opportunity for small business FFL's to flourish.  Wally is figuring they can get a bigger following by being a good corporate citizen (see the Andrew Young association) and avoiding the wrath of Congress.  In the poor and black communities selling guns is not a bonus to those who vote.

I can just see the new zoning laws coming about where the Liquor and tobacco stores, the Adult stores and Firearms dealers will be zoned into the backwaters of the communities as co-equal pariahs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Wal-Marts in Alaska sell handguns, glock, sig, smith and wesson, AR15's, AK47's, ect. . They are also on display in the store. But like I said. They want to much money on some guns. I think the AK that I saw in there before was a Century one. Fred Myer stocks handguns too. Alaska is a very Free state.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#31]
The local Wally Worlds in WA stopped selling guns as well...not that I ever bought guns there, but it's a bad omen.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm in LA right now and the two Wally Worlds I've been to have low stock on guns, and very low stock on ammo.  People keep talking about an ammo shortage and looking at Wal Mart's shelves many might believe them.

Bass Pro here is also low on ammo.  Don't know why, but they do have plenty of guns (no EBRs though).
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok, just heard this on the news during chow...

As posted in another thread, Wal-Mart is going "upscale".

At the top of the list they showed on Fox/CNN/??? whatever it was, was NO GUNS, followed by less fishing supplies, greater selection of khaki's and polo shirts, coffee shop's etc.

Well, at least if any of the little guys survived the last 10 years, their gun shop should get busy again!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#34]
I talked with the lady in charge of the sporting goods section at my loca Walmart about these rumors.  She said that her particular store is not going to stock many rifles because they are going upscale - she was advising me to snap up any of the cheap Winchesters they had before the $1,000+ rifles arrived (her words).  Said the gun department is going way upscale.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

At the top of the list they showed on Fox/CNN/??? whatever it was, was NO GUNS, followed by less fishing supplies, greater selection of khaki's and polo shirts, coffee shop's etc.

They already have that around here.

It's called "Target".
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Good. Local gunstores are hurt by them and local gunstores are the only folks that sell the type of weaponry I want anyway.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. My town's Wal-Mart pulled their guns just last week. At least they still sell ammo.

Big suprise there, IL is starting to get worse than CA...

EDITED TO ADD: F WALMART
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They already have that around here.

It's called "Target".

Yeah, well I wouldn't run out and buy stock in a retailer with a bullseye on it's front door just now!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#39]
All because of Dusty's Project Mayhem!                
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Duck hunters don't want or need handguns or evil black rifles.

They sure as hell do! They need em to blast anti-hunters to the hell they belong in!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Hey, I live 1O minutes from that WM in North Olmsted.  From what I have noticed most of the WM stores around here have cut way back the last few years.  There is a new "supercenter" WM out in Geneva Ohio.  Maybe next week I will stop to check their inventory.  They are kind of out in the boonies and have a lot more hunters per capita I bet.  We will see how well they understand demographics.  Also if you are at the N.O. WM and absolutely must  have a rifle (no pistols or EBRs) Dicks is just about 1000 yards away.  I'm looking at getting one of thier Savages in 22-250 for PD hunt next year.  That Accutrigger is sweet.

chris
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#43]
screw em

Max
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

California Wal-marts stopped years ago, they couldn't properly train their employees to sell guns.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I kid you not.

oh shit i know how that is, i can pull my bobcat up to the shop and if the guys in there smell the exhaust then they freak out and start bitchin' while they're smoking a cigarette.  even though i have to breath their dragon breath during lunch everyday.  i just tell 'em that they bitch just to hear themselves talk.

jake
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#46]
It's not a good thing to see any source of guns dry up. I take no joy in this.

But then, I'm not a retarded anti-capitalist.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
This is a HUGE victory for the anti's, you tards just don't see it.

I think this has more to do with volume of merchandise sold vs costs of maintaining inventory and the fact that Walmart doesn't wish to pay the amount to hire knowledgable employees to work the gun counters...so they've screwed themselves with mistakes on firearms purchases (fines and investigations).

My local 'upscale' Walmarts don't carry guns anymore, and I really can't blame them.  The guns don't move off the shelf quickely enough so they're just sitting there costing the company money.  The shotguns and rifles seem to move faster in the more rural stores and those stores still sell them.

Sure, I hate seeing a gun source dry up but I have less expensive stores with better selections to choose from.  Walmart isn't even the best deal on ammo in my city.  I can get WWB 9mm and .40 at about the same price locally (hell, sometimes American Eagle is cheaper and in greater supply at my local Turners Outdoorsman) and I know a store that sells M193 at $92 per 500rd case.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Sorry if it's been discussed, I did search all boards for the past 30 days.  And I haven't noticed such a thread, though I admit there have been a few days I've not been online recently.

Hey, dude, I was in the Strongsville store and the same thing.........but the old guy there said we could go to the store in Medina, or Avon , the ones in a more "rural" setting, they still have guns.....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
It's not a good thing to see any source of guns dry up. I take no joy in this.

But then, I'm not a retarded anti-capitalist.

Wallyworld is by far the nations largest gun distributor... I'm sure they make $$ selling them... I wonder what the real reason for this is... (?)

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Who were you?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top