Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2002 7:03:39 AM EDT
In case anyone feels like "slumming" check out this piece of work on Democratic Underground:

[url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=11437&forum=DCForumID35&omm=0[/url]

I am manifested as "cayeres289" and have bailed out.

sffreeways thinks 95% of men abuse women to the extent that it constitutes a vast conspiracy of terrorism!  See post #73:

"Men's violence against women, serving to keep a specific group (men) dominant over another (women), is one manifestation of a system of hierarchical oppression that also includes racism, classism and heterosexism. As a result, men have different tools available to use against different women -- lesbians and heterosexual women, poor and middle class women, white women and women of color. While the tools may differ, the purpose—power and control—is the same. Thus, justice for women cannot be achieved through ending sexism solely, but will require ending racism, classism, heterosexism and all other forms of oppression."
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]This post brought to you by your local university's Women's studies program.[/b]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[b]This post brought to you by your local university's Women's studies program.[/b]
View Quote

Judging by sffreeways' inability to grok statistics and spell common words I'd say your comment is right on.

She translates "95% of abusers of domestic partners are men" into "95% of all men abuse women".
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL @ Bostonterrier97's Penis Envy post!

You're gonna get bounced in no time flat, big fella.

[bounce]

ROTFLMAO - It's gone already!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Good lord. No wonder I could never be comfortable with "Progressive" politics. Every last bit of it is based on feelings, and not results.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Definitely a lesbo.  Definitely.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My reply is in post 91.  As always, Oleg has images for any occasion.

Lets see how fast I get banned.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

Too SWEET, man!
You know the Bull Dyke hierarchy won't let you get away with this one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Ban all men.

For the children.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Justice for women cannot be achieved until [b]heterosexism[/b] is ended.

What the hell does that mean. Male genocide? Or
all men will be required to be gay, and they must beat-off into a paper cup while watching Michael Jackson videos. Then the women can be artificially inseminated.
Brave New World.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
You are all insensitive male chauvinist pigs.  You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know a chick that took one of those classes and she TOTALLY wacked out after that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I know a VERY strange woman who used to teach a Women's Studies class for the Anthropology Department of a major university.  She had an epiphany years later and got out of the Feminist mentality, but has some great stories about Women's Studies.

A lot of them are about male undergrads who signed up for a Women's Studies class in a vain attempt to meet women. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#15]
A LITTLE bitter about the election?

Last time I got kicked off of DU, about a month ago, was for posting a "Get a life" response on a "Those evil Repubs stole the election" thread.  I wasn't profane or anything.  They just didn't like what I had to say.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top