Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 4:54:01 PM EDT
As most of us know, the internet is pretty much the cheapest place to get ANYTHING. I am looking for a set of golf clubs (irons and woods). The best I can get for under $350. Can those of you who are in to golf give me any help? Also, please recommend a brand of clubs, as I do dont know shit about them! [:D]

Thanks! and sorry about the far out off topic post! [:P]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, my personal favorites are Callaway and Ping, but you wont get anywhere close to any "name brand" clubs as a set for what you are looking to spend.
You probably can get a great set of irons for that and maybe one driver or fairway wood.
try www.golfclubexchange.com
lots of good deals to be found.
as with guns, it's the indian that makes the differance not the arrow !!!! Tiger Woods could beat most anyone with a set from wal mart !!!
good luck
[x]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.edwinwatts.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha Ha Ha Don't know about golf clubs, but I just want to annouce that you [u]are[/u] the winner of "The-Most-Offfff-Topic" award on this site...at least in the last 10 days!   Congratulations!   [:)]

A topic on golf clubs on a gun site.  Heh Heh  Gotta love this place!  Does it get any better than this?    [BD]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Even new clubs won't cure a crappy swing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I would recommend the Pings if you want to spend that much.  In reality, depending on how much golf you have played, ANY decent perimeter weighted iron will work well.  I used to be a 4 or 5 handicap when I played everyday(for those non golfers, that means I shot 75-78 regularly on 18 holes), and I still wasn't good enough to see that much difference between the Pings and the look-a-likes.  I would highly recommend getting the clubs fitted to you!  Length of shaft makes a big difference depending how tall you are.  Shaft stiffness also is a good thing to have fitted.  A local Pro can help you with this.
Woods are a different story, you get what you pay for.  Callaway, Taylor, good starts.  

Good luck, practice putting!!! Half of all your strokes on the course are your putts.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]
i'm a ping shooter myself, but I am sure there are older ping clubs to be had out there. Check places like ebay.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
These they make, not just label.

Love the marque!

[url]http://www.golfclubreview.com/ruger_titanium.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Try this, my brother: [url]www.faxworldcom.com/lgweap/ad_sheets/gfa.htm[/url].
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 3:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
This is NOT OFF TOPIC, bet you guys didn't know that Ruger makes many of the castings for the Ti clubs like the Big Bertha........LOL
Ron
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I forgot to add one thing yesterday.  Don't buy a whole set of woods, 3 or more.  Buy your irons(PW-3, optional SW &2), then look for a good=expensive driver, and a good=expensive 3 wood, preferably a fairway wood.   I have an old Taylor Made 3 wood that still sings every time I hit it, off the tee, or in the fairway. My friends like to barrow it from time to time when things aren't going well.  I have yet to understand what the hell good is a 5 wood.  I think I've used mine twice.  If you really think you need one more club, buy a 2 iron.  I hit my 3 iron as far as my 5 wood and more accurately.  A two iron would be great for long par 3's that you really need accuracy, and would fit in between the distance of a 3 wood and a 3 iron.
guns762
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top