Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 8:43:13 AM EDT
pilot downed the plane on purpose?

That he knew what had happened and what was about to occur and decided to crash the plane away from an intended target?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It's also possible that it was shot down by our own military.  Why wouldn't they?  The passengers were going to die anyway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The theory currently is that the pilot ditched the plane rather than have his plane used as a weapon. Guy at least died a hero.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#3]

an odd message i received about 30 mins ago from a freind of mine, a commercial pilot, would indicate this plane was shot down.

i may know more later.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
At least we'll get the black box from this wreckage, I'm not so certain about the others!

Should make for some rather heart-wrenching drama. [>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#5]
The terrorists might have taken flying lessons.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]

I believe this plane was shot down also .
My friend swore he heard this on an early news report but then was pulled .
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard from a friend in the military that it was shot down.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
NONE of the eyewitness accounts from people on the ground lend themselves to the plane being shot down.  The accounts make it seem like their was a fight in the cockpit, with the plane going through gyrations as if their was a struggle for the controls.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=50944[/url]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Too bad we have so many wimps in congress and the FAA.  The officers on these planes should be armed & trained to eliminate the posibility of a hijacking in the first place. After all they already have the power to kill everyone onboard if they desire anyway. Reports say they hijacked the plane in PA with knives. The worst part (to come ) is what our government will likely do to our freedom's after this tragidy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Don Perata is staying up late tonight to fashion a new senate bill to outlaw assualt knifes in PRK.... developing. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top