Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 9:57:21 PM EDT
I just watched Downfall,  a movie about Hitler's last days in WWII.  It is a must see.  It has some combat scenes, but is more oriented toward the historic events leading to the end of WWII.
I give it 4.5 out of 5.0 stars !

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#1]
awesome movie, i rented it then bought it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT for the reviewees...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the language in this film. I thought I read where it was in Geramn 5.1. If so, does it have a soundtrack that was dubbed in English?

Semper Fi,
ASO544
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the language in this film. I thought I read where it was in Geramn 5.1. If so, does it have a soundtrack that was dubbed in English?

Semper Fi,
ASO544
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea its pretty good. However, I was annoyed by the poor acting by the non-lead actors/extras.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
German language. Sub-titled in English...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

The scene with Mrs. Goebels and her
kids was pretty harsh. It didn't hit me
completely until after she left the room
and started playing solitare.

Eek.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I was fortunate enough to see it on the big screen at the local artsy-fartsy alternative theater in town.  It gave you a real sense of clautrophobia, of being in an underground bunker while the shelling comes and goes at random.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#9]
It was "aw-aight". But maybe people don't realise that there are 4 different films about hitlers end!
"hitler the last 10 days" w/ Alec guiness : This was the best of the lot, very dramatic. Then "downfall", Good if you can stomach subtitles. Then "Bunker" with anthony hopkins and finally, damn can't remember the title but it was about Albert Speer with rutger hower as speer also good but not too much about the bunker as it was about Speer preventing germanys destruction from Hitlers orders. Bunker was ok but the others are well worth watching if you can find the dang things.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The scene with Mrs. Goebels and her
kids was pretty harsh. It didn't hit me
completely until after she left the room
and started playing solitare.

Eek.

Yeah she was a serious bitch, poor kids.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Watching it. Just saw the part with Magda and I actually feel a little ill.

What a sick fucking insane bitch.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#12]
There were many moments of surreal insanity during the last 48 hours in the bunker.  Read what the Army Intelligence folks learned from various interviews of people who were there, that were cross checked and verified.  The last night, for example, some SS officer stood up on a table and threw down a bottle and yelled "Here's to death!" and they had a wild party.  Hitler asked them to hold down the noise, but they ignored him.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#13]
And the best part of the movie is...
When the shot rings out as Hitler shoots himself, one of the kids yells "BULL'S EYE!".
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#14]
downloading now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top