Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2011 8:41:35 AM EDT
I was walking my dogs in the neighborhood today, and came across a garage sale, and the guy had some military stuff, bunch of Mosins, and some interesting WWII collectibles. I have always been a fanboy of WWII history, so I grabbed a few postcards that I thought were very interesting. One has some information from Warsaw, and since my spouse is Polish, I grabbed it. One is a postcard from Stalag XA 25, which was a work camp with POWs, but not U.S., I think mostly Belgian. The last one was a postcard with three Hitler stamps and a Hindenburg Stamp (two on each side). I probably paid more than I should of, but I found the stuff fascinating, and the guy has been out of work for a while, and is selling a lot of his stuff to augment his unemployment, which is running out.

So I figured I would share. If anyone has extra information on what I have, please chime in.

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 11:20:50 AM EDT
That is some fascinating stuff right there. All I ever find at garage sales is baby clothes and romance novels.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 12:53:40 AM EDT
Neat pieces of history there. And the guy had Mosins as well???
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 11:30:36 AM EDT
how much for the mosins?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:21:53 PM EDT
I thought I read one time that the Germans during WWII notified families of soldiers KIA by post card? Heartless bastards if true.
Top Top