Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2016 11:53:13 PM EDT
I understand that this is an opinion piece, and then opinion pieces aren't legitimate pieces of news, but Jesus, you assume that's something this full of BS would not get printed in an established newspaper.  It is almost as though liberals want the United States to go to war with Russia so they can be right about something.  This article confirms so many nasty preconceived notions.

Bonus points: he equivocates the death of the Russian ambassador with the assassination of the Nazi ambassador to France by a Jewish guy in 1938.
Extra bonus points:  he is the guy who wrote this about his experience firing an AR-15

The image of an assassin standing over the dying body of Russian ambassador Andrei Karlov is a shocking one — but not a surprising one.

As Vladimir Putin’s man in Turkey, Karlov was the public face of that murderous dictator’s war crimes around the globe and of oppression at home. Andrei Karlov is the human embodiment of policies that deployed bunker busters to kill babies, sent fighter planes on scorched earth bombing runs that destroyed a whole city, aided Syrian madman Bashar al-Assad in his campaign that has killed hundreds of thousands, and even ordered attacks on UN aid workers.

So I, for one, am shedding no tears for Andrei Karlov. Frankly, I’m surprised his murder didn’t come months ago. After all, this was the lede sentences of a Washington Post story from Oct. 9: "There seems to be no way for the international community to stop the ongoing war crimes being committed by the Syrian regime and its Russian allies, especially in Aleppo," the newspaper reported. "But by brazenly flouting international law, leaders and rank-and-file officials in both countries are opening themselves up to future justice in multiple ways."

Justice has been served.

After watching the death of Karlov, I could not help but remember the case of Ernst vom Rath, the Nazi ambassador to France, who was gunned down inside his consulate by a Jewish student in 1938.
Like Karlov, Rath was the public face of atrocity — in this case, Adolf Hitler's genocide, anti-Semitism and coming global aggression.

That era’s politicians fiddled while Hitler burned down Europe, so it took a nobody named Herschel Grynszpan to stand up for freedom and make a powerful statement that evil must be fought whether in a conference room or on a battlefield.

More at link

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/don-cry-russia-slain-envoy-putin-lackey-article-1.2917281
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's almost like people confuse "war crimes" with "war".
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The murder of Ernst vom Rath ignited the "Crystal Night" and legitimized (in Nazi terms) the persecution and murder of European Jews.

I think asshat needs to read a wee bit deeper into history.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The murder of Ernst vom Rath ignited the "Crystal Night" and legitimized (in Nazi terms) the persecution and murder of European Jews.

I think asshat needs to read a wee bit deeper into history.

View Quote

Hence my assertion that some people want a war with Russia just so they can be right about something.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#4]
That liberal douchebag supports Islamic terrorism, fuck be upon him.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:13:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Obama had his chance to take down Assad and he blew it.  Ironically, if he had shown strength, things may have turned out a lot less violently.  

Nobel Peace Prize, please take one:

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Assad's father was a brutal Baathist dictator like Sadam.  They were known for annihilating any opposition, and sometimes taking out whole towns.   That is how Bashar Al Assad was raised.  When you factor in that the Assad family is from a minority tribe, that sets the stage for a lot of genocide, which is what Assad is doing, annihilating civilian centers of real or perceived opposition along with attacking rebel groups.  Enter the Russians as Assad's ally.  Looking back on Chechnya and other examples, and Russian military doctrine, they are nothing but a meat grinder.  So Russia is the appropriate partner for the brutal Assad regime, along with Iran the terrorist state.

Violence begets violence, and nobody practices it better than Syria, Russia, Iran, and the assortment of groups they are fighting, including the mass murdering army ISIS.  

Obama (along with co-president Valerie Jarrett) was a destroyer, taking out the stabilizing force in Iraq, ignoring a year of intel briefings warning of ISIS invasion of Iraq, which led to genocide and the ISIS virus spreading across the globe.  He almost succeeded in allowing Egypt to fall into the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood, only Al Sisi, a statesman like Sadat, saved the day.  Obama destabilized Libya, creating among other things a beach head for ISIS in North Africa.  He talked about dealing with Syria, back when it might have been possible to intervene to help stop the conflagration, then did nothing.  Practicing global fundamental transformation and chaos, Obama has left a disastrous playing field for Trump, and Trump should explain this very clearly as his team embarks to deal with it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's almost like people confuse "war crimes" with "war".
View Quote

The descriptions of Putin and Asad are spot on. The comparison to 1938 is, in the kindest possible words, a stretch.

I'm all for standing back while our enemies kill each other but that doesn't preclude calling a spade a spade.  I gave zero fucks about the Sov..er...Russian ambassador's assassination nor the death of his assassin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top