Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/4/2001 8:10:02 PM EST
Okay..my wife's grandmother recently passes away..while going through her property a Luger was discovered. The family knew about it, but did not know where it was and said that her grandfather had brought it back with him from the war...It is in great shape..I would say 90%+ and has an original magazine with it. My question is: The firearm is in Iowa...I don't think any paperwork has been done on it...is this legal...what can be done to make it legal...can it be ran through a C&R license? Any help would be great...thanks in advance medcop
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:38:42 PM EST
I would'd have said anything,[it followed me home I swear].But now that you have,you could do a transfer through a local dealer if you feel the need.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:01:20 AM EST
Its over 50 years old, so a C&R liscensee could recieve it. Kharn
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:35:01 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/6/2001 9:01:50 AM EST
What Chuck said. The only paperwork associated with handguns in Iowa is a permit is required to purchase or acquire one. Once you have it, no other paperwork or registration is required. Steve
Top Top