Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2005 3:00:17 PM EDT
I just picked up a Ruger Standard (pre-MKI) pistol. Some moron cut the barrel to make it into a CCW gun. Everything is otherwise okay but the pistol shoots left. The precision is there (the group wasn't that bad), it just goes left.

Ruger doesn't have replacement barrels available. Any advice on how to proceed? Should I recrown? Will a MKI/II barrel work in a standard?

Hell, how do I remove/replace the barrel?


Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:41:56 PM EDT
You can get take-off barrels from clarkcustomguns.com for cheap. They will install them if you want, or else, you can try and do it yourself. When you put on the new barrel, you will need to make sure it indexes to "12 o'clock". If it doesn't, then the face of the receiver is shaved back slightly so it'll index correctly
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:18:24 AM EDT
Clark does sell the take-off barrels from the MKII pistols they modify and they will install them on your pistol, but the costs for the installation and shipping to and from them will end up costing you about as much as getting another pistol already setup the way you want.
Top Top