Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 9:23:45 PM EDT
I keep getting this pop-up on my screen and it wants to start downloading "winnfixer 2005" on my computer. What the hell is it? Better yet how do I stop it? So much for Windows and Mcafee's popup blocker.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
"windows... popup blocker"??

START with Microsoft Anti-Spyware... (microsoft.com)
Report back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
It is one fucked up piece of spyware/adware.  Theres a removal tool that works at getting rid of it,  it was made by the same scum that created it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Winfixer is a bitch....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
this might help you www.geekstogo.com/forum/Winfixer-removal-problem-t60810.html

The creators of this BS deserve a slow week long painfull death.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Read this thread and follow the link at the bottom. I defeated the fucking POS a month or so ago. It's a bastard of a virus.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=124&t=413207

Oh and all the pop up blockers, spy ware removal, and anti virus tools in the world won't stop the SOB, just follow the step by step instructions at the bottom link and you should be just fine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Read this thread and follow the link at the bottom. I defeated the fucking POS a month or so ago. It's a bastard of a virus.

Oh and all the pop up blockers, spy ware removal, and anti virus tools in the world won't stop the SOB, just follow the step by step instructions at the bottom link and you should be just fine.

Thanks a ton ZW17...it WORKED!! If you were in Oregon I'd buy you a few drinks at the local waterign hole. Thanks again!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks a ton ZW17...it WORKED!! If you were in Oregon I'd buy you a few drinks at the local waterign hole. Thanks again!!

Glad to hear it worked.

Being a Yanks fan is as good as buying a beer in my book.

Go Yanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top