Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 12:21:00 PM EDT
    I go fill up, drop damn near $80 worth of fuel into the truck......AND HAVE TO GET OUT AND WASH MY OWN DAMN WINSHIELD??????

I know you "self serve" states are probably laughing, but WTF?  Guy leans on the pump and BS's with the other employee while I walk IN-BETWEEN them to get the damn squeegie.  

Ya think they would have caught on????
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Oregon & New Jersey - only 2 States in the Nation where the people are considered TOO STUPID to pump their own gas.

I lived in Oregon for 2 years.   Wasn't allowed to pump my own gas, but had to bag my own groceries.  WTF?

Please explain the difference between "full service" and "mini service"

Full Service in Oregon - they pump your gas, take your money

Mini Service in Oregon - they pump your gas, take your money

Difference?

In both cases, you wait forever, they paw all over your vehicle, they ignore you and take care of someone that pulled in the station after you...........it sucks.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
    I go fill up, drop damn near $80 worth of fuel into the truck......AND HAVE TO GET OUT AND WASH MY OWN DAMN WINDSHIELD??????

I know you "self serve" states are probably laughing, but WTF?  Guy leans on the pump and BS's with the other employee while I walk IN-BETWEEN them to get the damn squeegie.  

Ya think they would have caught on????

I'm sorry....all i heard was,   WHAA WHAA WHAA

fixed if for you

lol jk, if ts a station where they are supposed to do that then yeah I would have been mad too.  You should have been like....hey can you wash my windshield.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't Oregon like the only state in the union that requires gas tto be pumped by "professionals?"

Pretty much everywhere else I've been, self-serve is the norm.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
"Service station" Should be in Old_Painless' thread on old words.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Isn't Oregon like the only state in the union that requires gas tto be pumped by "professionals?"

OREGON and NEW JERSEY
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Put a noose around your neck then jump off your soap box... have a nice day...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Just passed through Oregon a couple of weeks ago,  gave them some story about how the vent line to my gas tank was clogged and it took forever to pump a full tank in my car.  If they didn't care I'd stand there and do it myself.  They bought it all 3 times I got gas in Oregon.   There is nothing wrong with my vent line.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
When I lived in Oregon, I finally just would pull up, get out, and start pumping.

They would bitch, but what can they  do?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hey NOOB, kiss me where it stinks.

My whole point is, I can't get out and pump my own gas, they call the friggin place a "Service station"

I AM PAYING 2 FRIGGIN 85 A GALLON FOR DIESEL The least they could do was wash my friggin winshield.

Trust me, I'd rather pump my own fuel.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey NOOB, kiss me where it stinks.

My whole point is, I can't get out and pump my own gas, they call the friggin place a "Service station"

I AM PAYING 2 FRIGGIN 85 A GALLON FOR DIESEL The least they could do was wash my friggin winDshield.

Trust me, I'd rather pump my own fuel.

FIXED IT AGAIN FOR YOU

YOU ARE WELCOME
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't know they still had full service stations that pumped your gas for you.

Also always thought "winshield" came with a "d" in it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#12]
That is why everyone goes to Full Service stations around here. It isn't the law, it is a service and the prices are the same.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Aw crap guys, I didn't realize that I had posted in the spelling nazi's forum.
Please accept my apologies
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Aw crap guys, I didn't realize that I had posted in the spelling nazi's forum.
Please accept my apologies

no worries man....lol
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmm...

The truck stop in Big Cabin, OK is full service... AND they wash your windows AND mirrors
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hmm...

The truck stop in Big Cabin, OK is full service... AND they wash your windows AND mirrors

You speak of such place, I thought they only existed in mythology.  Tell me kind sir, did they offer to check your fluid levels as well?

Btw, Friggin A man........where's the avatar?  One of my alltime favs!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#17]
[Oregon & NEW JERSEY(aka republic of) - only 2 States in the Nation where the people are considered TOO STUPID to pump their own gas.]
i dont take too much offense for that because i still havent gotten out but DAMN, thats harsh i know some guys and girls that gladly -in arfcomm style- draw down for that remark. anyways u can and i do know people that have gotten ticketed for that and i can do that myself thank-you.
  Now can someone tell me what the thingy does on the long hose? and damnit wheres the gas tank isnt it under the car? damn this state nobodys taught me this in school
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Actually, I rather enjoy sitting in the warm comfort of my car while some other guy is sitting in the 10 degree weather pumping my gas.

<----
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
[Oregon & NEW JERSEY(aka republic of) - only 2 States in the Nation where the people are considered TOO STUPID to pump their own gas.]
i dont take too much offense for that because i still havent gotten out but DAMN, thats harsh i know some guys and girls that gladly -in arfcomm style- draw down for that remark. anyways u can and i do know people that have gotten ticketed for that and i can do that myself thank-you.
  Now can someone tell me what the thingy does on the long hose? and damnit wheres the gas tank isnt it under the car? damn this state nobodys taught me this in school

No shit!  You need professional gas pumpers?  Please tell me that doesn't also hold true at Oregon airports?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL, I knew a NJ girl my freshman year of college (U of Delaware was/is a popular place for NJ and NY parents to send their kids to get'em out of their hair) who pulled up to the gas pump and waited for the attendant. Honked her horn after about 30 sec, then again after another 15.  The dude flipped her off when she honked a third time, so she went ballistic and called Daddy.  Dad laughed and told her that outside of Jersey, you gotta pump your own gas.

She seriously considered driving back to NJ to get her tank filled, rather than do it herself.

Damn NJ princesses, they all claimed they were from "the city" anyway.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Die Gas Pumper!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top