BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 4:16:03 PM EDT
Did anyone else see the video?

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/05/07/hs.hazing/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Anger and hatred is very prevalent in today's society.

It comes from not having a healthy relationship with God, dad, mom, mom & dad, siblings, bad self esteem, etc.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anger and hatred is very prevalent in today's society.

It comes from not having a healthy relationship with God, dad, mom, mom & dad, siblings, bad self esteem, etc.
View Quote

That's the most conservative thing I've heard all day ( or I've read )
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Them bitches are gettin' vicious...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Human nature is funny.

If you take Group A and tell them that it both perfectly acceptable [b]and[/b] expected that they treat Group B in a degrading manner, Group A will almost always act in this fashion.

What happened here is just a small example of what humans are capable of when they are given improper guidance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Bad parents and bad school official and group psychology.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#6]
hmmm... they poured doo doo and pee??  Yikes! [:X*]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
yah, that whole mess is phucked. i know about the mentality of HS and college hazing but this really went further than that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
hmmm... they poured doo doo and pee??  Yikes! [:X*]
View Quote

UGH! [puke]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Just some good clean fun by the kids.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#10]
its strange, its seems to me that women are more subject to being influenced

take for example my wife and mother in law, both "democrats" until i pointed out what they stood for, now both are "republicans"

sadly enough, i dont think many of them think through their decisions
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

take for example my wife and mother in law, both "democrats" until i pointed out what they stood for, now both are "republicans"

View Quote

Women seem to act on emotion more than logic.
Having a difficult time with this right now. they only realise what they've done after its beyond repair.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#12]
HOLY CRAP GUYS!!! DID YOU SEE THE REST OF THE TAPE?!

THE PART WHERE THEY'RE HITTING THEM WITH BASEBALL BATS AND BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF THEM ON THE GROUND!!!!

I JUST SAW THAT PART ON A LOCAL HISPANIC STATION, WTF!!! HOW COME THEY'RE NOT SHOWING THE WHOLE THING EVERYWHERE ELSE!!??
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I just watch that and think what if that were my daughter,god would I be pissed!

This is what Jackass and Bum fight,fight club,Verbe type shit does to our young!

Bob
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I JUST SAW THAT PART ON A LOCAL HISPANIC STATION, WTF!!! HOW COME THEY'RE NOT SHOWING THE WHOLE THING EVERYWHERE ELSE!!??
View Quote

That would be far too unacceptable for American news, might actually reveal what happened! But at any rate, I attribute this to kids just being kids. While not all teens are this way, some just act impulsively without thinking out their actions. But their actions were definately stupid and they are lucky some of those girls weren't killed. So chalk it up to immaturity, lack of brains and location...afterall, wasn't that near Chicago? LOL. They sure like to place restrictions on guns up there but they don't bother taking the time to teach their kids not to kick the shit outta their classmates! You don't see shit like that happening in TX do you?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Group PMS.  When chicks spend alot of time around each other, thier periods synchronize.  My guess is that they were all having a midol moment and decided to take it out on the weaker members of the collective.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm bothered that other students just stood and watched, saying they didn't approve but were powerless to step in and try and stop it.  Never doubt that crap can proliferate when you do nothing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would seriously have beat some ass if i saw that happening.
View Quote

Yeah, that's always what people who weren't there say afterwards.  Just like lots of people would have helped Kitty Genovese had they been there.

The more you know about human psychology, the more disillusioned you get.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok everyone, what would you do if it was your daughter or little sister that was a victim of this hazing?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#20]
A few little girls wouldn't be waking up the next morning.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be far too unacceptable for American news, might actually reveal what happened! But at any rate, I attribute this to kids just being kids. While not all teens are this way, some just act impulsively without thinking out their actions. But their actions were definately stupid and they are lucky some of those girls weren't killed. So chalk it up to immaturity, lack of brains and location...afterall, wasn't that near Chicago? LOL. They sure like to place restrictions on guns up there but they don't bother taking the time to teach their kids not to kick the shit outta their classmates! You don't see shit like that happening in TX do you?
View Quote

That shit definitely wouldn't work out in Tx, because our girls wouldn't put up with that crap, much less AGREE TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! WTF!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Women seem to act on emotion more than logic.
Having a difficult time with this right now. they only realise what they've done after its beyond repair.
View Quote

WTF? Behavior like this is historically unusual for teenage girls. But its old hat for male teens, shit like this used to go on all the time in frat houses, military barracks, and football programs.

This is what hazing is, its been happening for a long time. In this particular case, they probably were only imitating stunts they heard stories about from the local mens football programs
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[quote You don't see shit like that happening in TX do you?
View Quote

That shit definitely wouldn't work out in Tx, because our girls wouldn't put up with that crap, much less AGREE TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! WTF!!!
View Quote

I agree..........
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[quote You don't see shit like that happening in TX do you?
View Quote

View Quote

hell, they even PAID $40 for the torture...the stupid shall be punished...

I agree..........
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top