Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 3:17:18 PM EDT
[url]www.missoulian.com/archives/index.inn?loc=detail&doc=/2002/August/06-2407-news05.txt[/url]
Undersheriff shot leg when finger caught trigger

Missoula County Undersheriff Mike Dominick, who accidentally shot himself in the leg Saturday morning, was released from St. Patrick Hospital on Monday and is recuperating at home.

Dominick, 45, shot himself in the thigh while holstering his 9 mm handgun after firing 12 rounds during the Montana Law Enforcement Combat Pistol Championships and Governor's 20. The competition was held at a firing range on Training Road west of Missoula International Airport.

When he placed the weapon inside his holster, he accidentally caught his finger on the trigger and discharged the gun, according to Capt. Greg Hintz.
View Quote

From people who should know better!  Is there something in our water?  Is Al Qaeda responsible?
[url]www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=4962894&BRD=1712&PAG=461&dept_id=24361&rfi=6[/url]
WOONSOCKET -- The commanding officer of the city's undercover drug squad accidentally shot himself in the buttocks in a park outside the Frank J. Licht Judicial Complex on South Main Street in Providence yesterday afternoon, police said.
Detective Lt. Walter Warot was taken to Rhode Island Hospital with a "canoe-shaped" wound in his right buttock which he suffered when his service issue .45-caliber handgun discharged shortly after noon, said Deputy Police Chief William J. Shea. Warot was released from the hospital several hours later and is expected to spend the next two to three weeks recovering at home, Shea said.

"It took a good chunk of skin out of him," said Shea.

Warot, 44, is a 20-year veteran of the police department who has been in charge of the Vice Unit, the undercover narcotics arm of the force, for several years.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The one in Rhode Island is gonna be the butt of a lot of jokes.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The commanding officer of the city's undercover drug squad accidentally shot himself in the buttocks
View Quote

Missed his brain by only a few inches...
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The one in Rhode Island is gonna be the butt of a lot of jokes.
View Quote

The last time I had a ND in the back of My pants, I had to go back into the bathroom and re-wipe. My wife told Me I might need to go to the hospital too.... She thought that no one in good heath should smell like that! [}:D]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Bob Barr ND:

[url]http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/metro/insider/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, now he has a spare asshole.  Maybe he could auction it off on eBay. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Taking your finger out of the trigger opening when holstering is elementary. Think about it! What a retard![:E] Bet he don't do it again! Some elementary lessons are hard learned unfortunately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top