Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 1:46:13 PM EDT
I ordered a Friday via NextDay Air on Monday. Here it is Wed. and it's still not here. According to the tracking number, my Friday isn't going to get here for two more days!!! Total BS!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is that your Friday was not actually in stock when you ordered it. Your Friday will be manufactured on Thursday and sent out next-day. If you don't receive your Friday by the end of this week, you will probably have to wait another week to hit the cycle again.

This is why ordering Fridays is pointless. I recommend you switch to Tomorrows. Guaranteed Next-Day delivery.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why I only order thins a half-day at a time.

Like today I only felt like working a half-day....so I did!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
UPS Overnight "isn't" either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude...you just short-circuited my brain.  I actually read this thing four times before I got it.  I'm slippin bad.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The problem is that your Friday was not actually in stock when you ordered it. Your Friday will be manufactured on Thursday and sent out next-day. If you don't receive your Friday by the end of this week, you will probably have to wait another week to hit the cycle again.

This is why ordering Fridays is pointless. I recommend you switch to Tomorrows. Guaranteed Next-Day delivery.

Good luck.

Damn! I knew I shouldn't have ordered it from Botach..
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it FedEx or the vendor/person you bought from?  They can't control ship dates, and often I have found that certain unscrupulous vendors key in parcels ahead of actually preparing them for shipment, and then screwing the pooch on the delivery date.  That said, the FedEx policy on overnight depends on actual time the package is actually received by the FedEx driver or desk.  I get screwed on that regularly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a package that fedex just delivered to the factory near my house.  I called and asked them to retrieve it.  Of course they waited until the factory was closed so they will have to reattempt  delivery tomorrow.  

This will be the last time I deal with Fedex.  I could have gone to get it myself but it is a private facility and would not like people walking in looking for packages...  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I do a LOT of shipping for my company.  Fedex, USPS, UPS, DHL...those are the guys I've dealt with in the past 4 years.  I ship about on average 160 packages a day but also send upwards of 2000 packages a day for about a week a month.  (no, I don't work for qvc)

I have found Fedex and UPS to be just about right on with their delivery schedules...and both companies 3day, 2day and Next Day services to be right on the money.  The fallout is usually on the vendors side.  

Common problems I have down here in the shipping hole: Salesperson tells you at 2pm on a Friday that they'll ship your package out and it'll be delivered the next day.  (UPS and Fedex do not do Saturday delivery you specifically pay for that service.  Costs upwards of twice the cost of regulard next day).

Salesperson makes a sale at 3pm and tells the client it will go out today.  I ship the package the next day instead.  Why?  Because my UPS pickup is at 4pm and I've got better things to do than sit here and click the refresh button on my sales software every 15 minutes.

So, my bet is it's the vendor.  Weborders are a real pain in the butt too because there is no feedback from Customer Service.  I think I have two outstanding orders that were place on my companies website for out of stock items.  I have no idea if my CS dept has contacted them.  The orders are in limbo and there's not much I can do about it till it gets in.  (CS dept does recieve notification from the system when out of stock items are webordered)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Damn! I knew I shouldn't have ordered it from Botach..

Spewing my drink all over the moniter....
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Good luck.

I think I'm too tired to be reading anything right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top