Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2004 8:07:58 AM EDT
I am so sick and tired of this 'mandate' crap that the left shoves down our throats every time we win. Clinton never won with a MAJORITY vote, yet he didn't have a problem with doing his policies his way.

Now that Bush won AGAIN, they keep calling for Bush to 'reach out' to the other side (i.e. LOSERS) and take them into consideration.

HE FUCKING WON. TWICE. THERE IS YOUR FUCKING MANDATE. STFU!

I just hope that the Repubs can govern with balls finally and not give into this begging from the Loser Party.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:13:05 AM EDT
fox is calling it a mandate
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:17:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2004 8:19:51 AM EDT by Max_Mike]
If you win by 3.5 million votes, pick-up 4 Senate seats, pick-up house seats with political conditions as they are you have a mandate.

I believe this is the first time since 1900 a President has been reelected and picked up seats in both the House and Senate.

Bush has a mandate.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:18:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:
If you win by 3.5 million votes, pick-up 4 Senate seats, pick-up house seats with political conditions as they are you have a mandate.

I believe this is the first time since 1900 a President has been reelected and picked up seats in both the House and Senate.

Bush has a mandate.

AMEN!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:20:00 AM EDT
The first time in 52 years a sitting Senate leader has be defeated.

This is a devastating loss for the Democrats across the board.

Bush has a mandate.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:20:31 AM EDT
I just have a problem with the whole mandate thing.

You win or you lose.

The winner gets to do what he wants.

End of story, better luck next time.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:21:44 AM EDT
it is a clear mandate. popular vote victory, EV victory, Senate pickups and majority, House pickups and majority
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:22:49 AM EDT
Can we please take this mandate and bomb the fuck out of Fallujah, once and for all?

Backcountry
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:22:52 AM EDT
"THATS A MANdate BABY!!"
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:22:53 AM EDT
dashle is applying for unemployment benefits now
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:23:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2004 8:24:23 AM EDT by Oslow]

Originally Posted By DDiggler:
I am so sick and tired of this 'mandate' crap that the left shoves down our throats every time we win. Clinton never won with a MAJORITY vote, yet he didn't have a problem with doing his policies his way.

Now that Bush won AGAIN, they keep calling for Bush to 'reach out' to the other side (i.e. LOSERS) and take them into consideration.

I just hope that the Repubs can govern with balls finally and not give into this begging from the Loser Party.

Clinton had a few problems.

Right on with the rest
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:23:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:24:07 AM EDT
Bush has a mandate by virtue of winning more than 50% of the vote.

He is the first President to do so since my personal (non-religious) hero, Ronald Reagan. My first Commander-in-Chief when I joined the US Army.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:25:01 AM EDT
too bad we couldnt get 60 senate seats......maybe in 06
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:25:19 AM EDT

Bush has a mandate.

Yeah, baby!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:28:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fizassist:

Bush has a mandate.

Yeah, baby!

AND He's got the guns to back it up
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:28:44 AM EDT
Seriously, the Republicans need to stop trying to be so damn touchy-feely with the Dems. They need to get alot of shit done right away so the positive effects can be seen in '08. Supreme court justices needs to be one of the first things they work on getting done.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:28:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AdrianUSP9:

Originally Posted By fizassist:

Bush has a mandate.

Yeah, baby!

AND He's got the guns to back it up

It's a GREAT day!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:29:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2004 8:30:14 AM EDT by HABU]

That was my sentiment exactly, when I heard Chuckie blathering about W reaching out to the dems. GAFB.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:30:31 AM EDT
Now that Edwards is out of a job, he can get more Man dates too.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:43:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HABU:

That was my sentiment exactly, when I heard Chuckie blathering about W reaching out to the dems. GAFB.

He ought to reach out... reach out and grab them around the throat and say "my way, got it".
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:51:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Backcountry:
Can we please take this mandate and bomb the fuck out of Fallujah, once and for all?

Backcountry

One can hope!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:59:42 AM EDT
Dear Democraps;

Nobody wants the tired old leftist shit you continue to sell. Get with the program.

Love,

944turbo
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 9:01:38 AM EDT

The mandate stuff is the Dem's attempt
to delegitimize the election - just like in

Sorry, guys, we've heard that song before
and we aren't dancing this time.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 10:19:06 AM EDT
Sure, go ahead and reach out to a Democrat. You will only get your hand snipped at or bitten. Bush did win by a mandate and the Democrats can not handle it because they still can not believe that people can think for themselves.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 10:21:10 AM EDT

Hey, don't you need a majority to enforce a mandate???

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 10:35:33 AM EDT
I guess you could say that the mandate is in the eye of the beholder. We won big and the Democraps lost big......
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:25:02 PM EDT
*shakes head*

Mandates are a myth. Every president starts pushing his policies through the normal channels. "Mandate" is just political rhetoric... they don't exist.

- BG
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:30:54 PM EDT
I think we can get 5 Democratic Senators on our side, especially if we start splitting them.

The Party Core really wants to get more liberal and many of them have to start seeing that that is not the right direction to go.

The GOP has more to offer many Democratic Senators then the DNC does, especially around the edges of the DNC.
Top Top