Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 10:47:48 AM EDT
Its been slow as shit.

I ordered an Aimpoint + mount from Grant at G&R tactical and sent him a money order..... It took a full week to get to him.... and that was a full week ago and my stuff still hasnt arrived.

IMO there is no reason it should take anything a week to go from NY to VA or vice versa.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you send Priority Mail and hoping that it would get there sooner?

Always send your mail 1st class, and don't listen to the BS the clerk at the PO give about whatever, the PO doesn't train their people very well, and if you need something different than what they know, those people are just guessing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]
lol

good idea im gonna go protest!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did you send Priority Mail and hoping that it would get there sooner?

Always send your mail 1st class, and don't listen to the BS the clerk at the PO give about whatever, the PO doesn't train their people very well, and if you need something different than what they know, those people are just guessing.

i sent it regular 1st class mail. In the past when I had sent mail to places that close, it takes 2 to 3 days.

I dont know how he sent it... ive got stuff from him in the past and it was always USPS, Probably priority mail. Usually it would be here like 2 days after he sent it out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#5]
My experience with the USPS has been outstanding!  Stuff gets from Hawaii to the East Coast averaging 4 days when I use Priority Mail, for cheap!  I send stuff regular first class to Texas on a regular basis and it takes 3-4 days.  The USPS has never lost or damaged any of my packages.

All of those are real benefits considering that the only alternatives are UPS, FedEx, and DHL.  All of which require air service (read: expensive) since it is leaving on an airplane. YMMV.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My experience with the USPS has been outstanding!  Stuff gets from Hawaii to the East Coast averaging 4 days when I use Priority Mail, for cheap!  I send stuff regular first class to Texas on a regular basis and it takes 3-4 days.  The USPS has never lost or damaged any of my packages.

All of those are real benefits considering that the only alternatives are UPS, FedEx, and DHL.  All of which require air service (read: expensive) since it is leaving on an airplane. YMMV.

-Randy

i know, in the past USPS service has been great.

thats why I'm wondering if there is a reason its so slow in the past 2 weeks.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#7]
You gave no information regarding the behavior of the seller for me to side with you and blame USPS.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#8]
not only have my packages been slow but the last two I received looked like the carrier ran them over with a garbage truck
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You gave no information regarding the behavior of the seller for me to side with you and blame USPS.

The seller is well respected on this board., and for good reason. I have dealt with him a few times in the past and it has always been an excellent experience.

Like I said, it took a full week for my payment to get to him. from NY to VA. What is that, a 5 hour drive?  Since he got it, it has been another full week.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]
In my area, the post office is excellent.  Your level of service varies greatly with office.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got to back up Grant also, he's a great dealer and prompt shipper.  Virginia is right there on the east coast with the anthrax alerts, that could be slowing things down.  I've applied for a couple DC area jobs and they wanted me to fax my documents due to mail problems.

Another issue may be the increased security around NY for the upcoming RNC.  I'm sure that's putting excessive strain on many trucks, shipments, and commerce activities.  Who knows...  I'm just happy when it finally does get there!

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#13]
WTF is with "Click-N-Ship Notification"?  The only two times I've used it, I get the same message every time:

Track & Confirm

Current Status

You entered 0103 8555 7491 9442 XXXX

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on August 16, 2004 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I get this up until after the package is delivered.  How is this useful?  Just to let me know that the seller told USPS he would bring them the package on a given date?

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I usually get my stuff from Grant VA to CA in 2 days.  USPS works fine for me!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've got to back up Grant also, he's a great dealer and prompt shipper.  Virginia is right there on the east coast with the anthrax alerts, that could be slowing things down.  I've applied for a couple DC area jobs and they wanted me to fax my documents due to mail problems.

Another issue may be the increased security around NY for the upcoming RNC.  I'm sure that's putting excessive strain on many trucks, shipments, and commerce activities.  Who knows...  I'm just happy when it finally does get there!

-Randy

yea thats pretty much what I was thinking.... its due to all the terrorism alerts and the RNC.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#16]
regardless its pissing me off.

I'm on vacation this week and I wanted to go to the range and play with the aimpoint.

Next week I may not even have any days off cuz of the RNC
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I have had very good LUCK with USPS, NOTso good luck with UPS, and great service with FedEX.

Not to high-jack your thread....but has anyone else noticed small cresent shaped pieces missing out of the bottom of their delivered envelopes?

MT

I didn't mention 20 years ago a rifle shipped USPS to me from Texas arrived in 2 pieces....and yes it was shipped in one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Man, my work has a new office, I had to set up mail delivery with the USPS, which basically entailed asking them where I should place the new mailbox, and to alert them that I was on their route.

It took a month of dealing with incompetent and negligent employees before they finally registered our existence, then fucked up the first few deliveries.  Now we find out the mail gets delivered at about 5pm.  Wonderful.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm convinced my mailman regularly takes trays of mail and hides them until he feels like delivering them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top