Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2009 5:13:01 PM EDT
I keep surfing in there for a coach gun and NFA goodies. I've so far seen two ads in the last 12 hours turn into a GD fun fest.  Such as a guy who wanted to sell his NFA tax stamps.  Seems that there is a small market for said items.  One team member started it off and then it was about 20 more people jumping on the dogpile even a fucking industry partner jumped in on the fun. What The Fuck, if you've got a smart ass remark save it. Why the fuck people feel like they need to shit on someone's ad is beyond me. I had to hit the report button and subscribed. A hour later the poor guys ad was deleted.  This kind of shit really pisses me off and I didn't even know the guy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait

What?

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The EE aint what it used to be.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The new EE will solve a lot of these problems.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It will solve other TEAM memers and well known industry partners from shitting in threads?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of the thread crapper need a permenent ban, seems far to many just can't help themselves and STHU.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No more comments section? More like Gunbroker?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any comments other than I take it, IM sent, etc should earn an instant ban in the EE.

This, one guy replied to the advertisement that he would trade the guy a PB&J sanwich plus a jelly roll. I mean, those items are rather delectable but still. Jesus H

A question is one thing especially if the answer will benefit the ad. Say, the author forgot to add some sort of info that pretty much everyone will want to know, such as caliber. For anything else, use the IM feature.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#9]
There is only one 'd' in ad.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
fixed it for the guy with a penchant for spelling.

damn spelling nazi's tonight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'll ad that to my list of things to keep in mind!
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No link?

He said the thread was deleted!

RIF!!!  

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was good.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No link?

RIF!!!  

Yup, deleted.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
fixed it for the guy with a pechant for spelling.

You mean "penchant" I believe.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
fixed it for the guy with a pechant for spelling.

good one.......guess he's asleep.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see what you did there...  
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone put his NFA tax stamps up for sale?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No link?

RIF!!!  

Yup, deleted.

You mentioned two. Were they both deleted?
Quoted:
I've so far seen two ads in the last 12 hours turn into a GD fun fest.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup, apparently there is a small niche market for them. I don't know the legalities and whatnot but from what I gathered in the thread, it's legal and people do sell them for whatever reason.  However, ownership of said tax stamp does not entitle said purchaser to the NFA item listed.  Why anyone would put them in that position is beyond me but to each their own.

ETA: Also, the other one is still active and still has hope. Besides, the seller already broke the 72 hour rule. I don't want this moved to the pit. Go to the NFA section, it won't be hard to find.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, apparently there is a small niche market for them. I don't know the legalities and whatnot but from what I gathered in the thread, it's legal and people do sell them for whatever reason.  However, ownership of said tax stamp does not entitle said purchaser to the NFA item listed.  Why anyone would put them in that position is beyond me but to each their own.

ETA: Also, the other one is still active and still has hope. Besides, the seller already broke the 72 hour rule. I don't want this moved to the pit. Go to the NFA section, it won't be hard to find.

It's not remotely legal.  That's probably where there was a big crap thread about it.

It's very, very illegal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not remotely legal.  That's probably where there was a big crap thread about it.

It's very, very illegal.

It's legal.  Once the item has been sold or transferred.  There are people who collect them like any other stamp.  It's not that big of a deal.  The big stink in the thread is because of the price being asked.  Not of legal reasons.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's very, very illegal.

My experience has been with stamp collectors buying them.  Why not sell it when your done with it?  It's only a stamp that says $200, $5.  Should get more on Ebay if they still allow them.  If a guy leaves it attached to the form 4 it brings more money.

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#26]
He seemed to imply that they were reusable. At least that's what I gathered. Like you could save the 200 tax stamp by affixing your own to a form 4.
I don't recall the specifics of what he was willing to trade for, but it included a glock of some sort, PMAGs, and several other high dollar items.
He was trying to get 400 out of the 2 stamps, and frankly should have been made fun of.

But, he did receive some offers even though they were a joke. I'm sure someone would have traded him a jelly roll and a half eaten sandwich.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's very, very illegal.

Link to statute or ruling?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Hope & Change are on the way

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any comments other than I take it, IM sent, etc should earn an instant ban in the EE.

This

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's very, very illegal.

My experience has been with stamp collectors buying them.  Why not sell it when your done with it?  It's only a stamp that says $200, $5.  Should get more on Ebay if they still allow them.  If a guy leaves it attached to the form 4 it brings more money.

I was going to say - as a stamp collector I know some of them branch out beyond postage stamps to other official stamps. In the past the Gov. used a multitude of stamps to show payment for things. There is a name for these things... but I can't for the life of me remember what they are called.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's very, very illegal.

I was going to say - as a stamp collector I know some of them branch out beyond postage stamps to other official stamps. In the past the Gov. used a multitude of stamps to show payment for things. There is a name for these things... but I can't for the life of me remember what they are called.

Marijuana stamps are popular as well.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:28:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:31:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I disagree. I think their account should be programmed to post thing in threads other than what they are actually posting. Things like "I'm a homo" or "I have sex with little boys" for a pre-determined amount of time, but, they can't see it, they can only see the things that they actually typed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. I think their account should be programmed to post thing in threads other than what they are actually posting. Things like "I'm a homo" or "I have sex with little boys" for a pre-determined amount of time, but, they can't see it, they can only see the things that they actually typed.

That would be a fitting punishment for them and a great amusement for the rest of us.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:12:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women's panties really aren't that tight if you have a small penis.
Kind of ironic since we set your account up like that 2 years ago...

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aimless has caught my smartass disease I see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!!!

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's very, very illegal.

Can you substantiate that?  

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:24:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#49]
a fucking industry partner

they can do no wrong here
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's very, very illegal.

It's completely legal. That has nothing to do with why there was a big crap in the thread about it.

It's very, very legal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top