Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2005 7:19:38 AM EDT
I go to Lowes yesterday for a few things. It's not too busy but I still park out away from everyone else. There are no cars near me for probably 40 yards in every direction. The whole lot is like that, tons of empty spaces.

I get my mortar, etc. and come out to load it in the back of my truck. Lo and behold . . .

A kid in another truck, loading up his plywood. Parked RIGHT NEXT to me!

And his lumber cart is blocking my tailgate! I had to have him move his cart so I could put my shit in my truck!

My opinion of the level of intelligence of people is rapidly going downhill.

Rant over....
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:22:15 AM EDT
Kinda like the people that sit right next to you in a theatre when you are away from everybody else.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:23:02 AM EDT
The simple answer is that you're an asshole magnet.  They seek you out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:27:26 AM EDT
Maybe he thinks just like you do.

Was it really that much of a hassle to have him move his cart?

I hate people and the stupid shit they do but damn...

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:27:48 AM EDT
I would say rip him a new ass, but he'd spend the rest of his life trying figure out what he did wrong.

Damned idiots.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:30:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:35:41 AM EDT
Sometimes this can be to your advantage.

Ever look in a parking lot and see several late model cars all bunched up together ?

I suspect that many people would rather have someone else who appears to take care of their car park next to them (in effect protecting one side of his car and one side of yours) rather than park out in the open and hope some station wagon full of yard apes doesn't park next to you.

Ed
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:38:26 AM EDT
Sheeple are herd creatures.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:40:59 AM EDT
I would have drawn down on him.......if for some reason I was not carrying that day, then a full powershot......
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:41:25 AM EDT

Quoted:
I go to Lowes yesterday for a few things. It's not too busy but I still park out away from everyone else. There are no cars near me for probably 40 yards in every direction. The whole lot is like that, tons of empty spaces.

I get my mortar, etc. and come out to load it in the back of my truck. Lo and behold . . .

And his lumber cart is blocking my tailgate! I had to have him move his cart so I could put my shit in my truck!

Rant over....

With all the things available in the world to go ape shit about, you've chosen THIS issue?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:43:40 AM EDT
LoL  - I wish the only problem with america was people blocking your tail gate with carts . . . .
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:43:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:45:34 AM EDT
should have shelled him with the mortar you bought
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:50:26 AM EDT
Good thing for that guy you aren't a ninja and didn't flip out and start cutting off heads
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:56:11 AM EDT

Quoted:
Sheeple are herd creatures.

aint it the truth, just look at us
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:56:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:58:41 AM EDT
South Florida has way over 150 square miles of legal Spiny lobster diving area. I can absolutely, positively guarantee that, if you were the ONLY diver within 2 miles, and you raised a dive flag, no less than 50 boats would anchor up within minutes.  5 will be marine patrol.  20+ will run over your bubbles. 15 won't speak English. 5 won't know there is a bag limit. 10 won't know what you're doing. 40 won't know what they are doing. Welcome to sunny South Florida.  Gotta love it.  Stay safe
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:01:10 AM EDT

Quoted:
Kinda like the people that sit right next to you in a theatre when you are away from everybody else.

I once had a guy sit ON me in a dark movie theatre.  I was sitting front row middle seat for a movie I'd really been looking forward to, and this asshole who wasn't paying attention walked to the very same seat and sat down on my lap.  He jumped right up and apologized and then tried to sit in the seat next to me, so I told him to move it down a few seats.  Bear in mind here that the row was completely empty but for the two of us.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:07:21 AM EDT
That' nothing...

I went at Lowes too to get some plywood, and there was only one other truck for 40 yards in either direction. As I was loading my plywood, wouldn't you know the primadonna who owned....

oops. sorry.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:09:56 AM EDT

Whoa, the home depot sells mortars? Was it a Home depot in Bahgdad? Do they sell howitzers and other crew served stuff as well? Do you have to be 21 to buy it? is it behind the counter???
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:13:05 AM EDT
Choice spot you had
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:21:30 AM EDT
whew, I thought this only happened to me...park at the end of the lot with 20-30 free spaces between me and the next car and without fail, some POS is parked 6 inches from my door within 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:50:24 AM EDT

Quoted:
South Florida has way over 150 square miles of legal Spiny lobster diving area. I can absolutely, positively guarantee that, if you were the ONLY diver within 2 miles, and you raised a dive flag, no less than 50 boats would anchor up within minutes.  5 will be marine patrol.  20+ will run over your bubbles. 15 won't speak English. 5 won't know there is a bag limit. 10 won't know what you're doing. 40 won't know what they are doing. Welcome to sunny South Florida.  Gotta love it.  Stay safe

Hahah... oh man...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:24:33 AM EDT

Quoted:

With all the things available in the world to go ape shit about, you've chosen THIS issue?  

Well, my mangina has been feeling a bit sandy lately
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:31:30 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

From now on,  you must ask permission before going apeshit. Post first with a poll asking whether an action is worthy of a rant. Only after a consensus, are you allowed to rant. If you aren't sure what  you should rant about, it seems the wiz may have some things in his hip pocket.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:37:55 AM EDT
Had something similar happen at the Post Office parking lot.  I was the only car in the entire lot -- not another car in the whole fricking lot.   I pulled in and went around to the opposite side to get one of my kids out of their car seat.  This ding-bat broad ( offense intended ) in a minivan tried to pull into the parking space right next to me where I had my door open to get the child out.  I looked at her in total disbelief -- like lady there are 40 other parking spots but you have to pick the one right next to mine.  She had the 'why don't you hurry up' look on her face.  Needless to say I didn't hurry up.  Stupid broad.  I wanted to ask her what she was thinking but I figured it wouldn't help.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:43:42 AM EDT

Quoted:
Sometimes this can be to your advantage.

Ever look in a parking lot and see several late model cars all bunched up together ?

I suspect that many people would rather have someone else who appears to take care of their car park next to them (in effect protecting one side of his car and one side of yours) rather than park out in the open and hope some station wagon full of yard apes doesn't park next to you.

Ed

I do that now, I got lots of dents trying to park away from everyone else and having the person that doesn't give a shit about their car park next to me and bang it

Won't do that in a empty lot tho
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:52:07 AM EDT

Quoted:
People do it to us all the time.

By the way, 2_of_5, that has to be the absolute best avatar on the site.  Love it.

Here's a better look at it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:23:01 AM EDT
A lot of people seem to have the "herding" instinct.  I notice this all the time and in a variety of environments:  The driving range, the beach, the gym, etc.  I've also noticed that the average person will automaticaly get in the longest line at major events, even when other gates are available with no waiting.

The primary exception to this rule is while driving.  When approaching a red light, a lot of people will try to maneuver into the lane with the least/no cars in front of them.  Then, when the light turns green, these same people will often drive slowly and form a small traffic jam/herd.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:25:12 AM EDT
Dude...what Lowes is that? And was it 60mm, 81mm, or 120mm variety?

I wouldn't mind picking up a few for myself...
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:28:03 AM EDT

Quoted:
The simple answer is that you're an asshole magnet.  They seek you out.

LOL

I had a car I called that! Black Chebby Beretta. I liked the car... but people liked to run into it... Also they tried to race me all the time... Mustangs, 'Vettes, Camaros, you name it. I'm like "I'm in a 3.1l V6 and you CHOADS all have V8s!!!"

sorry for the threadjack, that just reminded me!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:31:41 AM EDT
Where I live there isn't a Lowe's for 250+ miles. I drove my pickup to the lumberyard this morning and parked out front like I usually do. I went inside and talked to Tom behind the counter.  His kid goes to school where mine do and we spoke about homework and the ballgame last Friday evening.  I got what I needed and headed out the door. There was no one else in sight and I took the opportunity to watch the sun peek out from behind a fleecy-white cloud.  I came home and got to work on my project. The wife and daughter went shopping in the nearest big town that is about 60+ miles away. That town has a Menards but I don't go there often.  I bbq'ed lunch for me and my son. We had beer brats and deer salami with mustard.  
I think I'll go finish my project and then go take a nap before Monday Night FB.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:13:59 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From now on,  you must ask permission before going apeshit. Post first with a poll asking whether an action is worthy of a rant. Only after a consensus, are you allowed to rant. If you aren't sure what  you should rant about, it seems the wiz may have some things in his hip pocket.

Damn!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:22:04 PM EDT

Quoted:
should have shelled him with the mortar you bought

Beat me to the mortar comment.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:58:34 PM EDT
I'm with you. I don't want my car getting banged up by careless people swinging open their doors.

I park right on the line taking up 2 spaces. Wouldn't you know it, several hundred spaces available and I will come out and some ass is right next to me. He doesn't look at the lines, he just gets as close to me as possible. WTF?

Awhile back my wife was in her car getting ready to leave a lot. Another woman speeds into the spot next to her. She swings the door open and shakes my wife's car. She looks at my wife and just walks on, not even a sorry. I hate people.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:07:18 PM EDT

Quoted:

Rant over....

Because in most peoples minds..........ITS ALL ABOUT MEEEEEEEEE!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:27:05 PM EDT
Ppl don`t think for themselves, they see others doing something and they figure that must be what they need to be doing too. Monkey see, monkey do.

Example: I see Ppl pass up an empty spot on the beach all day, but when you or someone else stops there, (thinking, perfect! a nice secluded spot w/ no ppl) as soon as someone sees you, it is like a dinner bell, the herd floods in.

ETA: I love the avatar too, best one i have seen..
Top Top