Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/31/2011 11:14:54 AM EDT
Seems like every MFing creditor charges you to pay your bill, WTF! Just paid my phone bill and they charged me $5 to have a live person take my paymnet WTF!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:19:14 AM EDT
That live person has to eat too you know.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:20:43 AM EDT
Calling in a payment, yes they're going to charge. A lot more handling involved. Mail a check or online banking.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:29:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2011 11:47:39 AM EDT by Justin-Kase]

Originally Posted By AL50bmgshooter:
Seems like every MFing creditor charges you to pay your bill, WTF! Just paid my phone bill and they charged me $5 to have a live person take my paymnet WTF!!

I KNOW! The effin post office is in on the scam too. Farkers wanted like $.44 to mail my frappin bill water in. Flippin bastages. They think they can charge me to provide a service, what the boneheaded idea that someone would charge extra for a service I mean mail and phone pay and all that should be free. It's not like they have to pay that freaken indian dude named "Bob" more than a couple of hundred rupees a day and fudge their phone lines to new delhi are free, so where do those fagages get the feeping gall to charge for that sheet!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!11111!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:34:21 AM EDT
That's getting to be more prevalent.
My bank will send a check for free, and in some cases an electronic funds transfer (utility bills), and the bank account is without fees. And the bank assumes liability if a check they send gets lost.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:36:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AL50bmgshooter:

Next time, go down there and pay the bill in person. That'll teach 'em!

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:38:52 AM EDT
You will notice that only the companies that have a monopoly on you do things like that. The gas company wants $5.95 to pay with a credit card; whereas, DirecTV it is free. I can't just switch gas companies or turn off my gas so they got me. The electric company is the same way.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:50:01 AM EDT
Personally, I think it's an 'in your face' sort of thing, and a way to get a few extra bucks.

If you call it in, you're sure that you paid it on time, and have a confirmation code for your records.
If you mail it in, they can always hold the check until your bill is past due, then deposit it, and charge
you a late fee. (It's been done before, and several companies have been busted for it.)

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but maybe not......
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:06:50 PM EDT
Guy down the street has not paid his mortgage for close to 15 months , and the bank gave him
$5000 to stay there and keep the place up till they sell it.

Why is anyone paying their bills anymore
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:16:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bat-Masterson:
Guy down the street has not paid his mortgage for close to 15 months , and the bank gave him
$5000 to stay there and keep the place up till they sell it.

Why is anyone paying their bills anymore

we're just suckers I guess

and yes, it's fucking depressing.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:19:33 PM EDT
I pay an extra $3.50 in order to pay my electric bill, $5 for phone/internet, and they just started adding $1.75 to my water bill for processing.
Top Top