Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:44:05 PM EST
1) Ice Road Truckers (Discovery)
2) Tougher in Alaska (History)
3) The Alaska Experiment (Discovery)
4) Deadliest Catch (Discovery)
5) Ax Men (History)

I know Mike Rowe has been there for Dirty Jobs, and I'm sure Bear Grylls and Les Stroud have too...

Apparently Alaska is the most extreme state now!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:45:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2008 5:46:15 PM EST by Aiden]

Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe:
1) Ice Road Truckers (Discovery)
2) Tougher in Alaska (History)
3) The Alaska Experiment (Discovery)
4) Deadliest Catch (Discovery)
5) Ax Men (History)

I know Mike Rowe has been there for Dirty Jobs, and I'm sure Bear Grylls and Les Stroud have too...

Apparently Alaska is the most extreme state now!

Alaska is "different" than any other place I've lived...I would love to be stationed there again!

ETA: Oh, I went there from OH too...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:47:15 PM EST
Ice Road Truckers is in Canada, I believe. But I agree. I wish History would actually play something of historical value.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:48:27 PM EST
Ax Men is in Oregon
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:49:23 PM EST
Axmen is not in Alaska, it's in the Pacific Northwest.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:50:30 PM EST
Alaska and the damn aliens too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:55:28 PM EST
One channel at a time .
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:55:49 PM EST
Ice Road Truckers is Canada, and Ax Men is Pacific NW. I think Ax Men is somewhat interesting, but I don't think it belongs on the History Channel. I mean, there is soooo much that they've never covered in detail. The last few years it's either been Hitler or reality type BS. They seriously need to branch out, but I guess that probably wouldn't sell to "The Masses". Thus, everything needs to be dumbed down to make money off of advertisement...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:56:10 PM EST
Lived in Alaska for six years. And they can keep it....... Fishing is great, Hunting sucks..
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:56:21 PM EST

At least it's better than all of that UFO crap.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:57:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2008 5:58:35 PM EST by thebeekeeper1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:58:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
At least it's not Monster Quest.

or Monster Garage or Monster House
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:58:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By Riflemanusmc:
Lived in Alaska for six years. And they can keep it....... Fishing is great, Hunting sucks..

Are you on crack...wtf do you want to hunt that's not in Alaska...If you are trying to hunt tiny deer...then yeah, AK is not the place for you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:10:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By Aiden:

Are you on crack...wtf do you want to hunt that's not in Alaska...If you are trying to hunt tiny deer...then yeah, AK is not the place for you.
We don't have elephants either . We sent the only one to San Diego .
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:11:36 PM EST
no its just now Alaska is showing Texas who the real badasses are.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:11:52 PM EST
Everything in Alaska is tougher and bigger. Hunting is way better than Montana. I grew up there and still get back every so often. About time Alaska had some coverage.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:12:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2008 6:13:05 PM EST by rcsguns]
My first visit to Alaska I thought I'd "pack" and carried a 1911. Once I got a grip on being at the bottom of the food chain I felt truly small

The RAGING BULL will be my gun of choice when I go back!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:14:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By MaddMan:
no its just now Alaska is showing Texas who the real badasses are.

Don't do that . They will get butt hurt .
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:15:35 PM EST
I have no problem with Alaska, but I'm sick of seeing this stupid fucking shit on the History Channel. You wanna guess what the History Channel should be about? Fucking HISTORY! Not a Gotdamn lumberjack reality show, and not about fucking fishermen who can't get along with each other. I want fucking HISTORY! They got rid of the fucking Shootout! series for this fucking shit? If I wanted to see a reality show, I'd flip to MTV or one of the other channels with there's fucking chicks in bikinis shaking their shit for some stupid mutherfucker wearing a Goddamn huge-ass clock. I wanna see stories about people fucking dying and what those dead fuckers built. Mayeb 50 years ago, maybe 2000 years ago, but it's muther-humping history. That's what the fucking History Channel is supposed to be. Not some stupidass boneheaded knobslobber driving a fucking truck on the ice!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:15:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
About time Alaska had some coverage.

Nope Alaska sucks .
You don't want to come here ever .

And if you are from California , come pet the bears they like that .
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:16:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By Kodiak-AK:

Originally Posted By Aiden:

We don't have elephants either . We sent the only one to San Diego .

LMAO, I remember all the controversy about that, I just left last year from Elmendorf AFB (Anchorage). I was there for four years...I miss it, but CO is cool too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:18:41 PM EST

Nope Alaska sucks .

+1, it really does suck...I'm still a legal resident, but it really sucks ass!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:18:49 PM EST
This whole "scheme" by the Discovery Channel is a heads up for those of us who really don't like the direction the lower 48 are going, look at all these shows as a free vacation from this mess. Think of how bad it "could-will" be here, ...then multiply. Alaska Rules! Shh... don't tell anyone.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:20:19 PM EST

Nope Alaska sucks .

Kodiak is right... it sucks up here. Don't ever come.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:25:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By doorgunner84:

Nope Alaska sucks .

~Dg84
I am a Alaskan no friggen way i would even go to california. I live out in the real bush.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:26:46 PM EST
Just trying to help guys .
I am not going to lie if you are a blue stater Alaska will make you spin your head right off unless you go to Anchorage , but than again those of us up here already know the best part of Anchorage is if you look out on the horizon you can see Alaska .
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:27:47 PM EST

Nope Alaska sucks .

~Dg84
I am a Alaskan no friggen way i would even go to california. I live out in the real bush.
I spent four months there earlier this year . Nice place to visit . Everything was so cheap .

But I could never live there .
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:45:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
I have no problem with Alaska, but I'm sick of seeing this stupid fucking shit on the History Channel. You wanna guess what the History Channel should be about? Fucking HISTORY! Not a Gotdamn lumberjack reality show, and not about fucking fishermen who can't get along with each other. I want fucking HISTORY! They got rid of the fucking Shootout! series for this fucking shit? If I wanted to see a reality show, I'd flip to MTV or one of the other channels with there's fucking chicks in bikinis shaking their shit for some stupid mutherfucker wearing a Goddamn huge-ass clock. I wanna see stories about people fucking dying and what those dead fuckers built. Mayeb 50 years ago, maybe 2000 years ago, but it's muther-humping history. That's what the fucking History Channel is supposed to be. Not some stupidass boneheaded knobslobber driving a fucking truck on the ice!

Solid 9/10 right there.

My apologies for the geography confusion! I thought they were all in Alaska.

I also learned (thanks to my roommate) that 4/20 was kickoff of Alaska Week on Discovery, which makes sense because they must have been high to put all their eggs in this Alaska basket.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:47:32 PM EST

Nope Alaska sucks .

~Dg84

The real bush doesnt have internet access.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:51:07 PM EST
I will be happy when the history channel goes back to actual history topics and the Discovery channel goes back to discovering stuff. I am tired of these redneck waste of brain cell shows on these channels. There is nothing stimulating about watching someone drive a truck, cut down a tree, or pull a crab pot.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:58:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By Melvinator2k0:

Nope Alaska sucks .

~Dg84

The real bush doesnt have internet access.
The real bush can afford satilite internet .
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:56:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By inzane123:
I will be happy when the history channel goes back to actual history topics and the Discovery channel goes back to discovering stuff. I am tired of these redneck waste of brain cell shows on these channels. There is nothing stimulating about watching someone drive a truck, cut down a tree, or pull a crab pot.

Yeah, I remember when The History Channel was 24/7 WWII and Discovery was Tigers/Sharks/shit like that.

Thank God we still have SHARK WEEK!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:04:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 11:08:30 AM EST by Kodan]

Nope Alaska sucks .

~Dg84

yeh ... +1000 on both of you!! Here we've been livin just fine for all these years ...now all of damn sudden America just figured out we really AREN'T off the coast of Mexico! Now All of sudden we are interesting ..not just a frozen wasteland. May the world NEVER come to Alaska ... especially the Kalifornians, the NY's and anyone form Mass.! Hell we'd rather have the Canadians!

The worst part is ... All those people in the lower 48 watch the TV shows on Ak and think they KNOW something about Alaska.

Hey Kodiak...you working this weekend? Range??? Want to do Salonie?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:21:46 PM EST
Weekend off .
Undecided on camping or building a cabinet .Depends on the weather .
Barb doesn't want the baby camping in the rain .
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:41:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 9:44:04 PM EST by jerrmy]

Nope Alaska sucks .

+1!!!!

Where are all you guys at up here?

I'm in Delta Junction.

I also learned (thanks to my roommate) that 4/20 was kickoff of Alaska Week on Discovery, which makes sense because they must have been high to put all their eggs in this Alaska basket.

Incorrect. They did it to celebrate my birthday. (and Hitler's)
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:50:28 PM EST
It's a lot harder to slip a little global warming talk in the lower 48.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:55:03 PM EST
TOUGHER in ALASKA has been the running joke of my friends for some time now.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:18:06 PM EST
Jerrmy , It should be easy to figure it out for me .
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:32:14 AM EST

Jerrmy , It should be easy to figure it out for me .

And since I talked to Kodiak_Ak about going to the range ... Yeh were both in Kodiak
Next time you down this way .. say howdy!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:33:44 AM EST
Alaska Week FTW

When they do "Mississippi Week" it will be catfishing and trailer parks

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:34:02 AM EST
It's better than American Chopper.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:13:06 AM EST
Or worse yet you get people who take Alaska cruises and think they're experts on the place because they took a 'cruise', yet only went ashore just once or twice and only when there was maybe shopping to be done.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:48:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By TexasSmooth:
Or worse yet you get people who take Alaska cruises and think they're experts on the place because they took a 'cruise', yet only went ashore just once or twice and only when there was maybe shopping to be done.
Better was the damn hippy I ran into in Oceanside that got into it with me about ANWAR . Dumb fucker had never even been to Alaska , but he knew all about the little baby seals and caribu that would get slaughtered for oil .
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:57:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe:

Originally Posted By inzane123:

Yeah, I remember when The History Channel was 24/7 WWII and Discovery was Tigers/Sharks/shit like that.

Thank God we still have SHARK WEEK!
and mythbusters
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:11:56 AM EST

Better was the damn hippy I ran into in Oceanside that got into it with me about ANWAR . Dumb fucker had never even been to Alaska , but he knew all about the little baby seals and caribu that would get slaughtered for oil .

Did he at least know how to spell the acronym?

ANWR, not ANWAR
Top Top