Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2003 1:22:14 PM EDT
Pretty friggin cool...

Looks like UFO technology is a reality...

www.americanantigravity.com/index.shtml
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen that shit before.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Read The Hunt For Zero Point by  Nick Cook, a reporter for Jane's Defense Review.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Read The Hunt For Zero Point by  Nick Cook, a reporter for Jane's Defense Review.

You beat me to it!  That was a fascinating bit of detective work.  I was shocked at the technology & performance of the Kingfish project.  The with antigravity stuff- it just really makes you wonder where the technology is today.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw a program on one of the tech channels on TV where they were using a laser to launch a disc into the air. Not sure just how it worked but it was cool to watch.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I saw a program on one of the tech channels on TV where they were using a laser to launch a disc into the air. Not sure just how it worked but it was cool to watch.

I saw that program a few years ago, the disc bottom is a polished surface.  When the laser hits it, it reflects the laser to a target underneath the disc or something and the air underneath it gets superheated which then lifts the disc higher.  It looks like a small flash underneath when it happens.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The Big B has an anti-gravity project - my personal opinion is that there was an inadvertent disclosure earlier this year; there were several items in the news for about 2 days, then the whole topic fell off the face of the earth.

Just think of the innovations - tireless autos, a powerplant for your home**, elevators to low earth orbit, and so on.

**: Once a day or so (the frequency depends on the amount of energy to be consumed, defined by the magnitude of the weight and the height) you slide the ag disc under a weight in your powerplant, raise the weight, and turn a generator with the falling weight.  [Energy is still conserved since the ag disc temporarily takes the weight out of the earth's reference frame.]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That reminds me of the carb. that a guy came up with that would give you 90 some miles to the gallon with a 350 chevy.  One of the gas companies bought it up and stuck it in a file cabinet somewhere and it was never heard from again.  I'd bet there's alot of things that we could use to make life better that's not being used because of MONEY and big business blocking there use.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That reminds me of the carb. that a guy came up with that would give you 90 some miles to the gallon with a 350 chevy.  One of the gas companies bought it up and stuck it in a file cabinet somewhere and it was never heard from again.  I'd bet there's alot of things that we could use to make life better that's not being used because of MONEY and big business blocking there use.  

snopes.com/autos/business/carburetor.asp
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think it had anything to do with hot air.  Light does have mass and will exert pressure on whatever it shines on.  The laser they used was so intense it was able to actually lift a small metal disk.  I'm pretty sure that's how they said it worked.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw that program a few years ago, the disc bottom is a polished surface.  When the laser hits it, it reflects the laser to a target underneath the disc or something and the air underneath it gets superheated which then lifts the disc higher.  It looks like a small flash underneath when it happens.

The laser reflects off the polished surface which heats the surrounding air. This creates an expansion of air which pushes up the disc(basically a explosion) The only problem with this technology is that if it is a little off center the heat will explode the disc. Still pretty cool though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

The laser reflects off the polished surface which heats the surrounding air. This creates an expansion of air which pushes up the disc(basically a explosion) The only problem with this technology is that if it is a little off center the heat will explode the disc. Still pretty cool though.
View Quote

Didn't it actually ignite the hydrogen in the air? I saw the same program I think [BD]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't think it had anything to do with hot air.  Light does have mass and will exert pressure on whatever it shines on.  The laser they used was so intense it was able to actually lift a small metal disk.  I'm pretty sure that's how they said it worked.
View Quote

I saw that too... the laser superheated the air below the disc and caused sort of a mini explosion that propelled the disc up.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[url]http://snopes.com/autos/business/carburetor.asp[/url]
View Quote

Hahah I knew a guy, who knew a guy, who actually *claimed* to be the guy who invented the 200 mpg carb.  I could never convince my friend it was BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top