Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 2:10:06 PM EDT
I'm currently in the UK and trying to do some online shopping and all my Google searches lead me to UK sites only. Even Ebay's prices are in GBP. Even an interweb challenged fool like me knows that this is probably happening because my IP is UK based. Any way of fooling google, ebay, etc. into thinking I'm still in the US?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Does this link redirect you?
hub.ebay.com/buy
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does this link redirect you?
hub.ebay.com/buy

Yup! Thanks. Now how do I get google to stop giving me search results from the UK?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
For Google, there should be a link that says "Goto Google.com".  This will bring you to the US based Google.  The link is on the "classic" google home page, not on your personalized google home page (if you have one).

Just going to google.com redirects you to google.co.uk.  Using their link instead will save your preference as a cookie, so you should be able to just goto google.com in the future and not be redirected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top