Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 1:23:57 PM EDT
www.thenewstribune.com/24hour/weird/story/2783113p-11399803c.html

Woman who doesn't drive wins a Mercedes

The Associated Press
Wednesday, October 5th, 2005 01:18 PM (PDT)
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Happiness is when you win a Mercedes Benz car in a contest. Irony is when you don't know how to drive.

Research officer Norhusmaniza Husain, who submitted the winning entry in a newspaper contest to win a Mercedes C Class car, says she doesn't know what to do with her white elephant prize since she has never been behind the wheel in her life.

"Since I don't drive, I (don't know) whether to ... sell it and buy a cheaper one for my husband," Norhusmaniza, 31, was quoted as saying by the New Straits Times Wednesday.

She and her husband had submitted one entry each in a "Spot the Difference" contest in the Times, in which readers were asked to pick out discrepancies in two similar comic pictures. She won the grand prize, the $54,000 car.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Now, would you trade your life as a free American to live in malaysia and win a free MB?

Not me.  So, in essence, if you had to pick which contest to win, the one where you get to be an AMERICAN or the one where you get a car, which would you choose.

You did win man.  Be thankful for what you have.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Now, would you trade your life as a free American to live in malaysia and win a free MB?

Not me.  So, in essence, if you had to pick which contest to win, the one where you get to be an AMERICAN or the one where you get a car, which would you choose.

You did win man.  Be thankful for what you have.

TXL

I am everyday. It was a j-o-k-e.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#3]
But, then you'd own a MB, and who would want that?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
If she can't drive, they may offer a cash substitute. Or she can take possession and sell it. She's gonna have a huge tax if they charge her tax calculated on MSRP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top