Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 2:21:04 AM EDT
They cancelled out on her [Drudgereport] but jesus, 15 grand? This from an organization thats supposed to be helping people that are "down on their luck"? The people that run this must be living well from all the donations.

This kind of crap pisses me off. And Patti Davis no less. WTF has she ever done to deserve a paycheck like that? Shit, I'll do it for ten.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
"Professional speakers" who headline fundraising events have fees.

I can't fault her on that.

What I do fault her on is promoting the myth of embryonic stem cells.  All of the positive results in research have come from adult and umbilical cord stem cells.  Tests with embryonic stem cells have yielded zero results.  Maybe that's our Creator's way of telling us something, like we shouldn't go down that path.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
And what qualifies her as a professional speaker? Her "tell all" book about her family? Is she a scholar, a journalist, anything? Being the daughter of an ex president automatically gualifies you for fifteen thousand dollar speaking engagements? With the Salvation Army no less?

Its a joke and a ripoff.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top