Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 1:06:11 PM EDT
Check out the first two and last two pages of the catalog. There are some pictures on those pages that leave me shaking my head.

That's all I'll say for now. Anyone care to guess what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, there are some new low profile sunglasses being issued.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
No, that's not what I'm talking about.

There are a couple of pics that should raise a few eyebrows.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
No riddles! Scan them and post them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No riddles! Scan them and post them.
View Quote

Yep. We all don't get the catalog. Share with your brothers!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Bunch of Blackhawk sponsored SWAT guys kicking in doors, etc. looking for almanacs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bunch of Blackhawk sponsored SWAT guys kicking in doors, etc. looking for almanacs.
View Quote

[LOLabove]

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Not all of us buy CHINCOM products, so you'll need to share.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got it today and I see lots of fingers on triggers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's the deal: The 2004 BHI catalog (which I didn't ask for) was delivered to my house today. It contains photographs of "sheriff's" deputies decked out in full camo BDU getups, complete with BHI assault vests, M4 carbines, HK variants, boonie hats, and face paint [b]on a riverboat patrol[/b], just like pics of our boys in Vietnam. There's multiple pics of these guys going up and down some waterway on a riverboat with "______ County Sheriff's Office" painted on the side of it. There's atleast five guys on the boat and they are all dressed up like Seals or something.

My reaction: WTF?

Am I missing something here? Anybody see these pics too? Why the hell would a stateside [b]sheriff's office[/b] need a damn riverboat with Seal wannabees manning it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here's the deal: The 2004 BHI catalog (which I didn't ask for) was delivered to my house today. It contains photographs of "sheriff's" deputies decked out in full camo BDU getups, complete with BHI assault vests, M4 carbines, HK variants, boonie hats, and face paint [b]on a riverboat patrol[/b], just like pics of our boys in Vietnam. There's multiple pics of these guys going up and down some waterway on a riverboat with "______ County Sheriff's Office" painted on the side of it. There's atleast five guys on the boat and they are all dressed up like Seals or something.

Am I missing something here? Anybody see these pics too? Why the hell would a stateside [b]sheriff's office[/b] need a damn riverboat with Seal wannabees manning it?
View Quote

C'mon Goblin, you never know when the VC or al-Queda may knock over Bubba's liquor store and make a run for it on the local waterway.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go rent Bad Boys II [:D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys are laughing but water ops skills were seriously lacking in many port cities.
There is a legit need for it in coastal areas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys are laughing but water ops skills were seriously lacking in many port cities.
View Quote

To do what, destroy the Uniroyal flotilla? [:D]

CW in CA
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

CW in CA
View Quote

Haha.
Port security is a big thing post 9/11.
If there is an incident the first group to respond will be local police. They will hold things down until the FBI arrives to fuck it up officially.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

CW in CA
View Quote

Or to deal with criminals that utilize maritime craft in their ventures???  Perhaps??

But, OTOH, why are we even discussing something that BHI does.  Does anything they do suprise anyone, anymore???
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

People wrongly assume that the Goast Guard has juristiction in all ocean waters. Hell our local Sheriff's office has three seperate harbor ptrol divisions.

When a frieghter foull of Chinese illegals, Norinco AK's, or Bolivian Cocain to cite actual recent incidents, it into the harbor, it's in the local LE's hands.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe those are real pics from their ops when they round up little Vietnamese kids to work their factories...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Id settle for a plain, black and white, non-glossy catalog if they made something that lasted, and made it here in the US...

Kinda like Eagle.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

People wrongly assume that the Goast Guard has juristiction in all ocean waters. Hell our local Sheriff's office has three seperate harbor ptrol divisions.

When a frieghter foull of Chinese illegals, Norinco AK's, or Bolivian Cocain to cite actual recent incidents, it into the harbor, it's in the local LE's hands.
View Quote

When I was in the CG, it was not the responsibility of the locals, unless it actually hit the dirt.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#23]
That's cause there are a lot of cops who are wannabes and could never get in the military or didn't want to join. Now they can play at it.
And just so I don't get flamed....I'm a Cop (plus a retired marine grunt) and see these types all the time..
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Homeland security is an excuse to buy all the latest and greatest gadgetry.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:03:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is so true I know a very small dept here in Virginia and they went out with federal funds and bought a used v-150 armored vehicle, they have 7 officers, no SWAT tm., and the area they are responsible for is always quiet as a mouse, crime there is mail boxes getting knocked over..LoL
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:15:52 AM EDT
[#26]
A Marine buddy of mine frequently tells me he's concerned about the increased use of SWAT or other "militarized" police units. He figures that regardless if they are truly necessary, they have to justify their existence at times and that's where Ruby Ridges and Wacos come from.

Those pics in that catalog are screaming the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:29:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Y2K revisited.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#28]
[url=http://userweb.suscom.net/~paulbritton/Conquering%20cops.htm]Conquering cops[/url]

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#29]
It's 'Halloween 2004' issue.

Like I needed [i]another[/i]  reason to shun BHI.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:11:47 AM EDT
[#30]
i think theres a provision in the clinton crime bill that hands over old .mil equipment to police departments. ive seen local cops "shopping" at DRMO and on our ranges playing with better weapons than we had. i saw a thing on "Dateline" once about a sherrif in FL that has a literal airforce free from the gov just by filling out the right forms. he has like 12 aircraft and a host of personal gear like automatic weapons etc for his 20 officer department.

cops are cops, i think that the wannabe commando movement among police officers is dangerous and it blurs a very important line. here in GA there is a county nearby where its officers wear black BDUs and drop holsters as the uniform of the day. not exactly approachable servants of the community.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Guess ya'll have never been to Florida. There are rivers, lakes, streams, creeks, etc. all throughout the state.

At the recent "send our jobs overseas" summit (some of you guys may remember revelling in the hippy bashing) in Miami they had Game & Fish people out on boats in the bay & intercoastal waterways.  I'm not sure if they were looking for Al, or if they thought that some yuppie hippy was going to crash his yacht into something, but they were there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can not deny that, although the "latest and greastest" is frequently a great asset. The Govt has thrown so much H/D money around and Hell, we are not gonna pass on it.

We have used "Homeland Defense" funds to buy all deputies gas masks and one time use protective suits and are sending everyone to Active Shooter schools.

We have bought several 4 wheelers and a trailer to haul them, a crime scene trailer and mucho stuff for it, generators, and a fully equipped meth lab response trailer.

We also purchased and equipped our SWAT team an older ambulance as a response vehicle and got them throat mikes, very good armor and LBG, upgraded their weapons and bought other misc tac gear.

All in all the money was wisley spent but as you can see, especially with the meth lab stuff it does sometimes stray from H/D type contengencies.

Regardless, generally speaking, those funds have allowed many departments to purchase much needed gear that their localities have been unable or unwilling to provide. Do not let a few abuses and extravagences make you feel that the program is a big waste because it really is not. The Feds should have called it "LE Enhancement" or somesuch...
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Guess ya'll have never been to Florida. There are rivers, lakes, streams, creeks, etc. all throughout the state.

At the recent "send our jobs overseas" summit (some of you guys may remember revelling in the hippy bashing) in Miami they had Game & Fish people out on boats in the bay & intercoastal waterways.  I'm not sure if they were looking for Al, or if they thought that some yuppie hippy was going to crash his yacht into something, but they were there.
View Quote

Yeah, try dropping a fishing line in Port Everglades these days and you'll soon be surrounded by no less than 5-6 "patrol" boats - Fort Lauderdale PD, Broward Co. Sheriff's Office, Fish and Wildlife Commission (F/K/A FL Marine Patrol), Customs, DEA, USCG (not to mention:  FBI, CIA, AARP, NAACP, BVD, PDQ, LMNOP....and so on).

I don't know what all these fiberglass boats are going to do when a highjacked 400-foot freighter, laiden with explosives, comes barreling into the harbor on some Sunday morning headed for Mid-Port where all the cruise ships are berthed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I can not deny that, although the "latest and greastest" is frequently a great asset. The Govt has thrown so much H/D money around and Hell, we are not gonna pass on it.

We have used "Homeland Defense" funds to buy all deputies gas masks and one time use protective suits and are sending everyone to Active Shooter schools.

We have bought several 4 wheelers and a trailer to haul them, a crime scene trailer and mucho stuff for it, generators, and a fully equipped meth lab response trailer.

We also purchased and equipped our SWAT team an older ambulance as a response vehicle and got them throat mikes, very good armor and LBG, upgraded their weapons and bought other misc tac gear.

All in all the money was wisley spent but as you can see, especially with the meth lab stuff it does sometimes stray from H/D type contengencies.

Regardless, generally speaking, those funds have allowed many departments to purchase much needed gear that their localities have been unable or unwilling to provide. Do not let a few abuses and extravagences make you feel that the program is a big waste because it really is not. The Feds should have called it "LE Enhancement" or somesuch...
View Quote

Very good post, FiveO. I still question the need for alot of that stuff...but good post nonetheless.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Here in the Ozarks, "guerrilla" marijuana gardens are cultivated as far from roads and habitations as possible.  Many times, especially around our estuaries, a waterway is the easiest/only way to access the gardens.  If the grower needs a johnboat to get to his $2000-a-plant garden, then it stands to reason that the local LE agency needs riverine equipment to get to the garden.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Very good post, FiveO. I still question the need for alot of that stuff...but good post nonetheless.
View Quote

I'm curious as to which items you question? Are you referring to something we bought or some of the stuff you have heard of from other agencies?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#37]
The cops in the SWAT boat acting like wannabe SEALS?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't know about you guys but I love seeing their multi page ads in the gun mags. I need some MegaTerrorShitStorm "Osama we're coming for you, at least our gloves are" Assault gloves and a HydraGlugForce Tactical Assault "Death from above" Hydration system.

Too much hype. Their ads make-a me laugh.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm curious as to which items you question? Are you referring to something we bought or some of the stuff you have heard of from other agencies?
View Quote

I'm not necessarily questioning anything in your post (like I said, "Good post."), I'm talking about other things like APCs, machine guns, etc. There may be valid uses for those items (and more), but I'm still left shaking my head at that stuff in Law Enforcement.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Where is the picture of the Armored SWAT vehicle with the M60 mounted on the top?

I can never find stuff when it is needed. *sigh*
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not necessarily questioning anything in your post (like I said, "Good post."), I'm talking about other things like APCs, machine guns, etc. There may be valid uses for those items (and more), but I'm still left shaking my head at that stuff in Law Enforcement.
View Quote

Rgr that, I was just curious. regarding the LMGs and APCs and stuff, I actually agree. Not many departments need that stuff but am gald to know that a nearby department (AST) has one (APC) if we needed it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Wobblin-Goblin, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the sheriffs suppose to be the agency that, we the people should call when we need help? Aren't the local police and the state police really acting for the benefit of the state and government? If the only people that are truly there to protect us start to train like they are expecting more Ruby Ridges, I'm scared.  Good observation.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If the only people that are truly there to protect us start to train like they are expecting more Ruby Ridges,
View Quote

Perhaps we are training like we expect more Columbines, North Holywoods, Beltway Snipers, Texas 7s, etc...
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#44]
I haven't scene it in the catalog but I'm thinking its a photo from "TWO"(Tactical Waterborne Operations)  out of Va. Beach, VA, they train a lot of law enforcement agencies that have a maritime responsibility, I also believe Blackhawk is one of the contributors/sponsors what have you...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top