Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:26:40 AM EDT
One came by with the lights on , but driving slow. Speed limit here is 45mph, it was going 37/38mph. Went up the road maybe 100 yards , stopped in a neighbors drive way for 30 seconds turned his lights off and came back by here still going slow.  Is that normal?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You never know whats coming over the radio of that ambulance.  I've done worse many times and just laughed at the funny looks I got.  Could be a number of things.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Trying to find the correct address.

Probably a non-emergency and is a simple transport to a hospital or other health care facility.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
OK cool  just worried.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like they were actually government operatives casing your house before a big raid.  I bet you get a visit tomorrow morning.  You might want to hide your weapons and your dog!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Another possibility is that they had a "Triple A" (Acute Aortic Aneurysm) or other such "rapid, but gentle" transport type patient in the back.

Or it could have been someone in severe back pain.

Ambulance aren't built on Caddy chassis anymore - they use heavy truck frames, and they ride like it
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#6]
It's the FBI watching you.

Get your tin foil hat NOW!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#7]
The other day I was sitting at a stop light at and intersection.  Two ambulances crossed in front of me going opposite directions with there lights on and sirens screaming...and the hospital is behind me....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#8]
lol. Some systems have 2 differently staffed types of ambulances also.  That could explain 2 going in different directions at the same time.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The other day I was sitting at a stop light at and intersection.  Two ambulances crossed in front of me going opposite directions with there lights on and sirens screaming...and the hospital is behind me....

Responding to two seperate incidents, perhaps?

I don't know what the EMS procedure in your area is, or how many hospitals are in the vicinity, but depending on the situation/circumstances, an ambulance doesn't always transport a person to the nearest hospital (especially if it's a non-life threatening condition).

Around here, the EMS crew will oftentimes transport the patient to the hospital they request that they be taken to. Usually it's because whatever hospital they request to be taken to happens to be the one where their primary care physician works out of.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Was a patient in the back?  The medic may have been doing something that would not be safe bouncing around.  I have had the driver stop while starting IVs, listening for heart arythmias, and intubating.  Simply stopping for 30 seconds or less can make a big difference in success.

Doc
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#11]

It's the FBI watching you

What I was thinking. I had the blinds open but hit the deck so I don't think they saw me. But  Their going to need the ambulance for them selfs , after they see todays gun shop recite.

Not sure if anyone was in the back.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Probably a wrong address or something,  I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have to turn around in traffic and gotten a "WTF" look from someone.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#13]
You are all missing the correct answer.

It is daytime, right? Bright out. The little "overhead lights on" bulb on the console isn't very bright. They had their lights on, and forgot to turn them off. I forget my directional board on the back of my car all of the time (and so does everyone else) and occasionally forget to kill the overheads. You'll be driving around, wondering "why is everyone driving so politely today, for a change?" and "why does everyone keep getting out of my way?" Then you realize that you left your overhead emergency lights on. Oops.

This isn't a problem on nights, when you can TELL that your darned lights are still on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top