Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2001 3:21:27 AM EDT
This is really sad.  Isn't there a way to clearly mark these dogs as "K9" or something?
Dye their hair perhaps?  You can't hardly make
them wear anything more than a collar that
wouldn't inhibit their movement, etc., but we
ought to be able to do something to keep this
from happening again.

[url]http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGA02XEB6SC.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:24:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Now that I read it again, something caught my
attention (It's early).

[b]No charges have been filed in the shooting.[/b]

Hmm - I wonder what would happen if I accidently
shot a police K9??????  Anybody care to guess??
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 3:27:10 AM EDT
[#2]
When in doubt, Shoot To Kill![pissed]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't anybody here bothered by the fact that a cop sicked a dog on a 12 year old girl?  The K9 officer is the one who needs to be shot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#4]
well yeah it bothers me the 12 yr old thing..but im 6'4" ans big and Ive seen some 12 yr old girls that were big enough to do me corpral harm...I know she wasnt armed but a 12 can be able to shoot, and shoot to kill.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't anybody here bothered by the fact that a cop sicked a dog on a 12 year old girl?  The K9 officer is the one who needs to be shot.
View Quote

These dogs are highly trained to do exactly this function.  Did you read to the end?  [b]She was not injured.[/b]  Your comment is inane.  You can bet your ass this was no "daddy's little girl" 12 year old.  I thought the anti-LEO B.S. had finally come to an end following the WTC incident.  
View Quote

Nope, the anti-LEO sentiment will never end no matter what you do....
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Leaving the dog unattended was a mistake.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#8]
"...and other officers tracked down a car that had been reported stolen.

The handler, Sgt. John Gillespie, saw suspects bolt from the car. He chased the driver while the dog subdued a 12-year-old girl who ran in the opposite direction by clamping onto one of her legs.

...said the dog performed as trained and bit Fusco because the officer tried to separate the dog from the girl - a command that can be given only by the handler. "

The dog was doing AS TRAINED.  What do you want?  Next time the dog will run up, ask all the bad guy's for ID's, fingerprints, and handcuff them?

In a situation like that with a dog, the dog's job is to SUBDUE ALL BAD GUYS with force, until the trainer tells them otherwise.  Anyone that interferes is the enemy.

She was not even seriously hurt.  The dog had grabbed her until further instruction.  The fault is on the trainer for not being close to him.

Dog's cannot differentiate between good guys, bad guys, attack him but not her because she is too young, etc.

BTW, the trainer DID NOT SIC THE DOG ON HER.  They approached a stolen car, and the bad guys jumped out and ran, and a 12 year old ran by.  The dog thought she was part of it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top